Poland now has 16 full sized golf courses of 18 holes or more and at least 5 of these are of championship standard, and yet when most people consider golf in Europe, Poland is not an option!!  When you consider the cheap flights from UK, Germany and Scandinavia, especially to Gdansk where there are at least 3 superb courses including Sand Valley Golf Resort - the first inland links course in Poland, and the cultural aspects of the country, cheap alcohol and inexpensive villas to rent, this should be a must on any golfers itinerary for Europe and the Baltic states.

Prague used to be the place to go for weekend breaks, then it was Budapest, now Riga.  It looks like it went straight past Gdansk which linked with Sopot and Gdynia (Tricity area) forms an area of culture, beaches and great open air festivals and of course GOLF!!!

Will someone please explain the mentality of tour operators like GolfBreaks.com who have decided that "Poland is not an area we are looking to develop now or in the close future"?

Yesterday in Gdansk was 28 degrees, and this is the norm not the exception and there are no longer "bears on the streets" as one UK operator expressed!!

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Marci,

As a former tour operator , Gdansk - based person I would be happy to assist you and make all people interested in playing golf in Poland.

I do hope that together with Bob and his team we can make it work out pretty well.

Best regards,

Margaret

http://www.toursbylocals.com/GdanskPrivateTourGuide

• HI Margaret,

I would love to put together a post on the courses you and Bob Ward have talked about. What I'd need is your email address, and high-resolution photos (I always credit photos). 

I see in  your comments that you lack good PR and experts able to present these courses and info about what the area offers for visitors -- I think I can help with that! Certainly I can help with a blog post and share that on social media for reach.

I'll start by looking at the links you provided and also bringing Bob Ward into it for his input.

I'd like to get this done fairly soon, to launch my "On Course(s)" page on the blog. Love to learn about European courses!

Keep in touch,

Marci

This reply was deleted.