Either for business or any other purpose, America is regarded as one of the best places for traveling. Which can be done in two ways. Either by obtaining a B-1 visa for business purpose or B-2 visa for vacation purpose or avail yourself with the authorization form VWP i.e.; Visa Waiver Program.
Under the Visa Waiver Program, almost 38 countries allowed to travel in the U.S and that too for ninety days. But the authorization from VWP is given only to B-1 AND B-2 visa holders. Students and people who wish to work in the country must get their visa applied.
This blog is designed for you to get a piece of brief information about ESTA VISA.
ESTA stands for Electronic System for Travel Authorization, as the name suggests it is a digital program that focuses on the eligibility of the visitors who are starting their journey to the U.S and are already have the Visa Waiver Program.
In 2009, ESTA USA was introduced by the U.S Department of homeland security to ensure the travel to be safe and authorized. Therefore, now it is said to be one of the crucial requirements for the Visa Waiver Program, without an approved ESTA you are not allowed to enter the U.S premise.
The ESTA is a report which should be applied which also takes very little time and effort and doesn't involve many documents which quite simple as compared to the Visa application procedure. You just must submit your online application with your details to the Department of Homeland Security. After it gets referenced by their database, you can travel to the U.S. The database goes through all your information and make sure you have entered everything correctly and is authentic and genuine and whether you are clean without any criminal records. However, ESTA only serves the purpose of business and tourism. So, you really should possess a proper legal visa for traveling to the country for any other activity.
REQUIREMENT OF ESTA
To attain the U.S ESTA, the individual should have all the requirements. Thus, the application for authorized documents is only possible if:
- You belong to one of 38 countries that fall under the Visa Waiver Program.
- Your stay in the U.S is almost 90 days.
- You are not a B-1 visa or B-2 visa holder.
- Your purpose of visiting is either for business or tourism.
You are ineligible to apply for ESTA if you failed to fulfill even one of these requirement criteria.
PRIVILAGES OF ESTA
Here are some privileges you can avail if you have ESTA.
- Buy contracts
- Discuss business with the associates in the U.S
- Attend educational and business conferences and meetings
- Enjoy your holidays in the U.S
- Travel the U.S cities.
- Meet your friends and family.
- Become an active participant in any kind of social event.
- Avail medical treatment.
- organize and take part in any music or any other kind of art competitions and events for which you will not get any payment.
- Take admission in any kind of short-term courses like cooking classes or dancing classes.
ESTA PROCESSING TIME
The process duration is very short. You may even get a quick response if your information is genuine and without any suspicious activities or any criminal records.
you can also apply again if your ESTA gets rejected which would not make you wait for a very long as compared to the Visa application process which consumes both time and energy.