Food PR In Germany and Amsterdam

Hi, all.

I have several assignments lined up, most of them culinary travel related and I need your help.  I am trying to locate publicists who rep restaurants in said cities.  Will be in Germany from March 16-27, and in Amsterdam from March 21-23, and I am looking for restaurants open to the idea of hosting journalists, not just for comped meals, but chefs interested in sharing their ideas about what makes a food scene innovative and recipes, favorite local markets, fast food finds the locals love and so on.

I have culinary tourism assignments for Intermezzo and Taste & Travel, a trade story for b-2-b magazine Bar Business focusing on innovative beer marketing in hip bars, and CSQ, aimed at an affluent business traveler making  over $250,000 US a year.

If you have any suggestions or leads, please write me at ejglickmanmedia@gmail.com.  I will be happy to provide samples from all said magazines, so you and the PR people know I am doing legit assignments and have been writing in good quality magazines for 10+ years.

I am being covered for Hotels and airfare and activities, so I just need a little help with the restaurants.

Best,

Elyse

ElyseGlickman.com

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• May I also suggest posting this in Media Only and PR/Marketing forums?

• These folks haven't yet, but as this trip is going through some weird changes with the Easter holiday, I feel I should treat them gently.  I also put up something on Media Kitty.  Worst case scenario is that I will get my fancy places through the hotels I am staying at--even though they won't comp a meal, I am sure they will provide some great pix and recipes.  Taste & Travel is more about what real people eat, while Intermezzo is about the fancy places with tips from the best kitchens.

• Hi Elyse,

I can refer your request to one of my contacts in Amsterdam. I am sure she at least will come up with great suggestions.

Regards,

Brigitta

Brigitta Kroon-Fiorita

• Awesome--I have to meet with my editor now, but can you send the referral to ejglickmanmedia@gmail.com.  As mentioned, I have great published tear sheets from all said magazines, so they know I am legit.  Also, my hotel is taken care of in Amsterdam (I won a weekend at the Sofitel Grand), but would like to find cool places in addition to hotel dining.

• Beautiful hotel! Plus a very nice restaurant as well. I assume NBTC is providing you with the Iamsterdam Card? I e-mailed my contact already. She will let me know if she can help with not just suggestions, but also possibly setting up some introductions. Will communicate rest via direct e-mail. Goodnight.

• Elyse, have you submitted this request to the tourism people for GNTO and The Netherlands?

• Does it have a separate group on this site? I tried reaching out directly to the Holland (NYC) tourism office, who are helping me with the bus pass and museums.  The German Tourism board is helping me with hotels and flights, but food is on my own so far for the most part. This is why I want to reach out to local PR firms. Please suggest away if there are better groups to send this to.

• Elyse, I know the GNTO can't set up a lot of meals, but they should be able to steer you toward the appropriate restaurant media reps. Or, failing that, they should hook you up with the media reps for the individual cities or provinces. Good travels!

This reply was deleted.