Road trips the perfect travel format as far as I'm concerned. They give you flexibility and a glorious sense of independence and freedom. Whether you're driving across America like someone out of a Kerouac novel or touring Europe, driving is the way to go. But no road trip is ever complete without a matching soundtrack. A mix CD is the heart and soul of any half decent road trip. Here are some songs that need to be in any mix cd.
1. 500 Miles, The Proclaimers - The ultimate road trip song. It's cheerful and catchy and it's one of those timeless songs that everyone knows the lyrics too.
2. Highway To Hell, AC/DC - Another song that has stood the test of time, Highway To Hell is not only catchy, it's incredibly bad-ass. And every mix CD needs at least one bad-ass song in it.
3. Anything by Disney. Yes, really. - Unless they've had a terrible childhood, there's no one, nowhere, who doesn't know at least a few Disney songs. It doesn't even matter if you know the lyrics, just fake your away along till you become the next best thing to a Disney Princess.
4. I’ve Been Everywhere, Johnny Cash - The song that's also a game. It doesn't matter if you don't know the lyrics to this one, you'll have plenty of time to learn them and then constantly fail at them even after you've learned them. It's all part of the fun.
5. Baba O'Riley, The Who - You can never go wrong with the classics, really. And what sort of mix CD is ever complete with a bit of The Who?