So in honor of the earthquake we just had here in New England, the Walnuts here would like to discuss some quick tips when your find yourself in the middle of one. First (as i did) yell at your mother who is completely oblivious to the house shakin’. After you’re done alerting others in your vicinity, you’ll want to do the following:
- if in your house, go under a doorway or table and protect your head/neck so nothing falls to damage that pretty face of yours.
- if outdoors, stay away from buildings/structures/telephone poles/anything that can land and crush you.
- if driving, stop somewhere open and not near anything that could topple on you (that seems to be the theme here)
- if cooking, turn off your gases that maybe on for they may rupture if your house becomes compromised.
- if your’re going the bathroom, brace yourself and finish your business.
well that was fun. hope that doesn’t happen again anytime soon.