The Himalayan mountain system offers some of the most fascinating beauties and is enveloped in an aura of mystery, beauty, and elusiveness. The flower valleys and the cold desert are definitely the best places to visit in Kashmir. If you ever plan a Kashmir trip to this mesmerizing and fascinating city, you should make it a point to visit the most picturesque places here. The idyllic paradise with a wide variety of natural beauty is something that you should not afford to miss out on at any cost.
List of 23 Tourist Places to Visit in Kashmir
- Pahalgam: This is a lush and green region that is filled with sweeping valleys. It is fascinating because of its amazing flora and fauna. The untouched and intricate natural splendor and the snow-capped peaks are the best treasures in this place of Kashmir sightseeing. You will also get the opportunity to witness the most beautiful and pristine waterways with rich valleys and meadows.
- Gulmarg: It is a popular scenic destination and a picnic spot. The gondola rides that ascend the mountain are just breathtaking. The place offers opportunities for hiking and trekking. The peaceful meadow in the wilderness is another beauty of the region making it one of the top Kashmir tourist places. It also has the longest cable cars in India.
- Sonamarg: It is a valley of beautiful flowers and lush greenery. You can find different levels of hiking and fitness trails along the peaks and valleys. It is also dotted with pristine lakes and is home to the Thajiwas Glacier. The highest lake in the country Vishansar Lake is also located here making it one of the mind-blowing places to see in Kashmir.
- Srinagar: It is a jewel in the crown located in the Vale of Kashmir. It is positioned on the banks of Dal and Nageen Lakes. The city wakes up in the peaks of the Jhelum Mountains. The mountains are lively and thriving and are unique to Kashmir. There are even local temples and shrines that add to the spirituality of the place. These are undoubtedly the best places to visit in Kashmir.
- Dal Lake: This Lake is located at the heart of Srinagar, and as soon as, you reach Srinagar, you will witness the beauties of this lake. There are plenty of houseboats that run in this lake making it one of the most beautiful Kashmir places to visit. The houseboat experience is a must for enjoying the beauties of nature in the most amazing and magnificent ways. The floating vegetable markets are also wonderful.
- Anantnag: It is famous for its historic beauty and its idyllic surroundings. It is here that the quaint towns give way to majestic wilderness, and these are interrupted occasionally by the decaying and breathtaking ruins of the forts, temples, and settlements. The picturesque meadows make it one of the most mesmerizing Kashmir sightseeing places.
- Doda: There are many more surprises that Kashmir has to offer. The varied and wide landscape of Doda offers picturesque views of the evolving natural beauty. Nature lovers find it a paradise to visit China and Kishtwar is located here. The area is also excellent for religious lovers with some of the top temples located here. It is also the perfect area for trekking and sightseeing in Kashmir.
- Vaishno Devi: This is a holy shrine of the Hindu Mother Goddess. Thousands of pilgrims trek their way through the steep slopes and offer prayer to the Goddess. The holy cave shrine is enriched in a beautiful recess of the Trikuta Mountains that form a part of the lower Himalayas. This is also a Kashmir tourist place to visit that should not be missed out on at any cost.
- Shalimar Garden: Shalimar Bagh is a Mughal Garden in Kashmir. It is linked with the right bank of Dal Lake in Sri Nagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. This is one of the best sightseeing points in Kashmir.
- Betaab Valley: Betaab Valley is located at a distance of 15 kilometers from Pahalgam, Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir. The name of this valley is derived from the Sunny Deol and Amrita Singh’s Bollywood hit film “Betaab”.
- Shankaracharya Temple: The Shankaracharya Temple or Jyesteshwara Temple is located on the top of the Shankaracharya Hill in Zabarwan Mountain in Srinagar, Kashmir. This is one of the most renowned temples in India.
- Nishat Garden: Nishat Bagh is located on the eastern side of the Dal Lake near Srinagar. Kashmir this garden is also one of the Mughal Gardens in Kashmir. This is one of the amazing sightseeing places in Kashmir.
- Chashmashahi: Chashme Shahi also known as Chashma Shahi is one of the Mughal Gardens. It was built by Ali Mardan Khan, governor of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in 1632 A.D. This is very popular and one of the best tourist places in Kashmir.
- Kheer Bhawani Temple: Kheer Bhawani is one of the sacred places in Kashmir. This temple is dedicated to the Goddess Kheer Bhawani. This is a famous and best place to visit in Kashmir.
- Shiv Khori: Shiv Khori is a popular cave shrine in the Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir. It is a renowned and sacred place, which is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Nagin Lake: Nagin Lake Also Known As Separate Lake is a part of Dal Lake. This is another famous lake and one of the best sightseeing places in Kashmir.
- Yousmarg: Yusmarg also known as Yousmarg is situated in the western part of Kashmir Valley in Jammu and Kashmir. Yusmarg is a famous hill station. It is located around 47 km from the south of Srinagar in Kashmir. This is the best sightseeing place in Kashmir.
- Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve: Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve has located 48 km from Srinagar. It covers around 180 sq kms of land. This place has an amazing scenic view and best place to visit in Kashmir.
- Dachigam National Park: Dachigam National Park has situated around 22 km from Srinagar in Kashmir. It spread over 141 kms of area. This is a very popular and the best place to visit Kashmir.
- Drass: Drass is a small town in the district of Kargil in Jammu and Kashmir. It’s situated on National Highway 1D and is also known as “The Gateway to Ladakh”.
- Martand Sun Temple: The Martand Sun Temple is one of the sacred temples in Kashmir. This temple is dedicated to Surya. It was built in the 8th century CE. This temple is located five miles from Anantnag in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Hazratbal Mosque: The Hazratbal Shrine is one sacred Muslim Shrine in Hazratbal, Srinagar. This is very famous and the best place to visit Kashmir.
- Hemis High Altitude Wildlife Sanctuary: Hemis National Park is situated in the eastern Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir. This is one of the best sightseeing points in Kashmir.
Therefore, it is time to make your plan.