Journalists Seeking Story Info

Here's a place to post queries regarding pieces you may be working on. Chances are you'll get a lead or two from fellow travel journalists, publicists, and/or our other travel-smitten members! If you're a publicist, travel vendor, or other non-travel-media member, please respond to queries posted here by e-mailing the poster directly or replying on his/her profile's comment wall. Thank you!

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi: I'm a writer and will be traveling to Africa in March with my sons and my photojournalist husband. We want to do a great photo safari in Kenya and see the gorillas in Rwanda. I am looking for leads on good tour companies in each of these places and since we're a writer and photographer team, we're hoping to publish some stories about our experiences.

Any suggestions for a safari in Kenya or a trip to the gorillas in Rwanda?

Many thanks--Jeannie
  • Hi All, I will be traveling to Cancun, Riviera Maya and Laguna Bacalar in December-then to Cuenca, Ecuador for a month, then back to the Yucatan Peninsula for awhile. I would appreciate any story ideas, contacts, properties to look at, etc. My email is: john(at)TravelWritingAndPhotography(dot)com Thanks for your help, John
  • Hello!

I'm planning a trip to the archipelago of Bocas del Toro, Panama Oct. 1st, and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a destination review or travel story. Contact me for writing samples and to let me know what you need!
  • hello, fellow foodies. i'll be visiting liverpool at the end of september, staying in the historic city center. i want to pitch a "food and travel" story to the boston globe. any ideas? it could be a hot new restaurant or an old favorite, an up-and-coming chef, a distinctive market, or a food trend. thanks for your ideas!
  • Hello,
    I'm seeking additional photo assignments with travel publications when I'm in Bath, England, Sept. 18-21. I have one publication that is interested in having a photo of the Jane Austen Festival. But I'm seeking publications that are interested in a destination piece on Bath. Even though, I am primarily working a photographer, I am also an author of two books and numerous published articles and can also work as a writer. I have sent my story pitch to Delta Sky, Conde Nast and Travel & Leisure. Any suggestions as to other publications? At this point, the timing is very short and magazines are usually booked out four or more months in advance. Thanks everyone for any ideas you may have.
This reply was deleted.