Replies

• I'm also an Examiner -- my topic is Cheap Eats in Philadelphia -- and I find that it's a mixed bag, as far as a revenue source. The more you post, the more you make, but also the more work you have. I think it really depends on topic and how well Examiner is doing in a particular local market.

JoAnn said:
    Hi Grace-- Interesting cycling coverage! I wanted to let you know that my online magazine, thecitytraveler.com, has posted a review of the new David Byrne book, Bicycle Diaries, and is also runnig a giveaway of the book. If you'd like to let your members know, I'd appreciate it. Check out the site for information! Thank you, JoAnn

Grace Lichtenstein said:
    I am the New York Cycling Examiner. The money is less than pocket change for me. I'm doing it because I am PR director of the NY Cycle Club, & I can publish news of int erest to local riders and bike shops at Examiner, but I don't see it even as a part time job.

Robert J. Nebel said:
    Has anyone published on examiner.com?
  • Hi Grace-- Interesting cycling coverage! I wanted to let you know that my online magazine, thecitytraveler.com, has posted a review of the new David Byrne book, Bicycle Diaries, and is also runnig a giveaway of the book. If you'd like to let your members know, I'd appreciate it. Check out the site for information! Thank you, JoAnn

Grace Lichtenstein said:
    I am the New York Cycling Examiner. The money is less than pocket change for me. I'm doing it because I am PR director of the NY Cycle Club, & I can publish news of int erest to local riders and bike shops at Examiner, but I don't see it even as a part time job.

Robert J. Nebel said:
  • Hello Sue and other members of this group,
    Interesting discussion about writing for examiner.com. I checked out their need for writers and it does appear genuine. My question: does anyone know if the examiner.com is looking for photographers in each city--just as they are looking for writers?
    Susan Frost

Sue Frause said:
    Hi Robert: Yes, I'm both the Seattle Travel Examiner and the Vancouver 2010 Olympics Travel Examiner. Have been doing it for the past year. The group of travel writers who are active are great, as is our Channel Manager Grant Davis. And I'm making $$! Examiner just purchased Now Public, if you're familiar with that site. A lot of travel journalists turn up their noses at Examiner, but hey ... print is slowly disappearing. In fact I'm mostly all online, and I prefer it over print. It's fresh, it's now and it never ends up in the bottom of a bird cage.

Robert J. Nebel said:
  • I'm actually making money ... more than from the no-longer-existing print publications I used to write for. Examiner is working out to be a fairly good gig. I'm nearly 100 percent online with my work these days -- that's the future, and the $$ thing will continue to be an issue until they figure out how to pay writers. But I'm on board -- no living in the past for me. New media is here to stay!

Robert Ellsworth said:
    Don't expect to make any money. Expect to do a lot of writing, html, and work, with little compensation.
  • Don't expect to make any money. Expect to do a lot of writing, html, and work, with little compensation.
  • I am the New York Cycling Examiner. The money is less than pocket change for me. I'm doing it because I am PR director of the NY Cycle Club, & I can publish news of int erest to local riders and bike shops at Examiner, but I don't see it even as a part time job.

Robert J. Nebel said:
  • Hi Robert: Yes, I'm both the Seattle Travel Examiner and the Vancouver 2010 Olympics Travel Examiner. Have been doing it for the past year. The group of travel writers who are active are great, as is our Channel Manager Grant Davis. And I'm making $$! Examiner just purchased Now Public, if you're familiar with that site. A lot of travel journalists turn up their noses at Examiner, but hey ... print is slowly disappearing. In fact I'm mostly all online, and I prefer it over print. It's fresh, it's now and it never ends up in the bottom of a bird cage.

Robert J. Nebel said:
  • Hi Robert...I noticed one of our members, Jen Miller, listed Examiner.com among her credits. You might also try using typing it into the search engine to see if there are any others.

Robert J. Nebel said:
  • Has anyone published on examiner.com?
  • Greetings all

Thought you might enjoy this post on the so-called symbiotic link between freelancers and coffee shops.

http://herrhorn.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/how-starbucks-might-kill-f...

Cheers
    Tiana
    www.tianatempleman.com
This reply was deleted.