Journalist in Ireland this fall

I will be in Ireland for nine days as the guest of Ireland Tourism and would love suggestions and contacts.
I am looking for stories on hotels, sites,  chocolate, culture, cocktails, coffee, tea and wellness/yoga for the ten websites I own. I can guarantee press coverage.
Trip will be in late fall and I am looking for hotel hosts so I can extend for a little longer. You can contact me at madelyn@travellady.com
The largest site focuses on travel. www.travellady.com
The food and beverage sites are: www.chocolateatlas.com, www.cocktailatlas.com, www.teaAtlas.com and www.coffeeatlas.com

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Forgot one thing: Temple Bar Hotel is a great location and good rates right now - right in the middle of the action. Tell Annette I recommended her hotel. I always go early and stay over after a tour in Dublin and the Temple Bar is the best deal. If you are in Belfast Jury's Inn is the best bet for price and location. Take HOHO bus. You can go up on the train just for the day from Dublin - lv 730 return 430. 2 hr ride. Central Station walking distance to town.
    I always recommend to my Ireland clients that they get some information on Irish history - such as "Irish History for Dummies" - it makes the trip more meaningful to have an idea of why what things are today..
  • I love Ireland - Both the Republic and the North. Have been on 12 tours (I will not drive in Ireland) and have #13 group blocked for April 2011. I always stock up on Bewley's Tea (both Irish Breakfast and Afternoon tea) and Butler's Chocolate (best in the universe. Take tea bags out of box and pack in gallon baggie to save more space in luggage.
    Don't miss: Kilmainham Goal tour in Dublin, Trinity, the Book of Kells, and the Old Library in Dublin. The tour to Newgrange (passage tomb) from Dublin - arrange by Tourist Office on Suffolk St. Eat lunch at The Church (formerly Keatings) North of the Liffey take Henry St off of O'Connell and keep walking til you see it. HOHO bus tour is good for orientation, but Dublin is a Walk around city.. Guinness tour is overrated. If you go to Cobh (port for Cork) be sure to see the Queensland Project regarding the famine emigration. Yes, I kissed the Blarney Stone. Spend time shopping at the Blarney Woolen Mills - sometime in late October they have their annual sale and the bargains are fabulous. Hopefully you will get to Dingle - where Ryan's daughter and FAR and AWAY was filmed - spectacular scenery on the drive (and you get to eat lunch at John Bennies) Cliffs of Moher - Don't miss the stalls outside the Visitor's Center - they have some good values. Suggest: take umbrella - it will rain. Take cheap plastic poncho - if the wind is blowing and it is raining, an umbrella doesn't work and you will do a "Mary Poppins". Comfortable shoes - not white tennies, they mark you as a tourist. I usually take everything black and try to blend in. Use ATMs starting at airport and pay for things in EURO unless it is a large purchase, money saver. Call all credit card and ATM companies before you leave home and tell them dates you will be in Ireland so they won't freeze your account if they think You are not the one with your card. Happy to answer any questions - jealous - can hardly wait til April 2011.
This reply was deleted.