Philadelphia, City of Brotherly Love

Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love. So much to see and do! From history to the arts to theater and fine dining, there is something for everyone.

Visit the Philadelphia art museums or take a stroll along Kelly Drive. Maybe shopping is your thing with upscale boutiques dotting Rittenhouse Square area. Of course a visitor to Philly cannot miss the many historical sights like the Liberty Bell, Constitution Center and Carpenters Hall. Take a walk to Betsy Ross' House and more. 

Need more information about Philadelphia, let me know. I'm proud to share our city!

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My pleasure!
  • I'm no 76ers fan, Adrienne, but I believe your analysis of the yea and nay of the Barnes move is right on target.  Thanks.
  • Ed, 

Hard question...there is the business side of the move and the emotional side. 

On the business side, moving the museum had given more people better accessibility to visit. It is easier to get to and parking is available. Also, it was taken out of a residential area giving the residents back their privacy. 

The emotional side, the original site was home, the Barnes home, the museum's home. Some say the museum lost a little something by taking it to a new location. Kind of like moving the Dodgers to LA!

I'm glad you approve of our museums. I am very proud of Philly. I also find it amazing when I travel the remarks I hear. The best was in India in February when one of the waiters at a hotel asked me where home was. He was young, maybe early 20s. I told him Philadelphia. A huge smile crossed his face and said, "Wow, the 76ers!"

• Funny. On a more serious note, 1) I really am nuts about Philly's museums, from the Big One to the annex to Rodin to Barnes....   2) And while we're at it, I can't resist asking Philly locals like you, what do you think of the Barnes move?
  • Objections are welcome, but for my money, when it comes to being the best art museum city in the United States, Philadelphia is exceeded only by New York City.
    • The Getty Museums and Huntington Library in LA , put it in the running.I agree though NY and Philadelphia are truely great museum cities.
    • Ed, Ed, Ed, never go toe to toe with a born and bred Philly girl! Philadelphia Art Museum is one of the biggest in the US. And I didn't see Rocky running the steps of MoMA ( ;-). We also have some many other museums both along the Parkway and all through Philly. But you come by your opinion honestly...you're a NYer!

This reply was deleted.