India is renowned for its diversity and unity. This Statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel honours the varied but unifying heart of the tradition of India which is at the top of the world.
It is located in Gujarat in the State of Dhokla and Dandiya The monument that depicts "Iron Man" is situated on high on Sadhu bet island located on Narmada. Narmada which faces the Sardar Sarovar dam downriver from Kevadiya Colony, about 100 kms from Vadodara and 200 kms from Ahmedabad and approximately 160 kms from Surat By Taxi Service In Jaipur, Car Hire In Jaipur.
It is easy to make a reservation on the internet for Sadhu Bet Island to avoid the high-poch as well as discrepancies between Taxi Service In Jodhpur transport and traffic. There are many Cab companies that offer Like Car Hire In Jodhpur, Car Rental In Jodhpur, Taxi Service In Udaipur , Car Hire In Udaipur, Taxi Service In Jaisalmer, Car Hire In Jaisalmer, Tempo Traveller Hire In Jaipur Book Now one-way cabs to Ahmedabad and Vadodara.
- Most Near cities: Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Surat
- Visitor Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 8:00A.M. until 6:00P.M.
- Laser Light & Sound Show: 7:30P.M. from Tuesday to Sunday
- Entry Time of Entry: 7:30A.M. until 5:30P.M. at Shreshtha Bharat Bhavan & Sou Ticketing Center
India is renowned for its stunning design and exquisite monuments. From the caves that were once a part in Ajanta & Ellora to TajMahal in Agra as well as Delwara Temple at Mount Abu to Meenakshi Temple of Madurai, Indian architecture demonstrates the excellence of our art and culture around the world.
Its statue Unity represents a combination of this ancient Art. It's a tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who was a key figure in the struggle for freedom of India and was respected for his rigor in making decisions.
What's the best place to go?
The statue has five zones, however only 3 of them are available to the public for viewing. The first floor in the sculpture is its base that connects up to its hinds. The museum is beautiful and a memorial garden that contains all the memories of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel's contributions. The second floor with the highest elevation of 149 metres goes to the statue's legs. Third level measures 153m tall is considered to be the most stunning zone due to the amazing views of Narmada along with the Satpura and Vindhyachal ranges.
- AdultsINR 120 plus INR30 (Bus Charges)
- Children (3 to 15 years old):INR 60 + INR 30 (Bus Costs)
- Children (below 3 years old):Free
View of the Observation Deck
- AdultsINR 350 plus INR30 (Bus Charges)
- Children (3 to 15 years old):INR 200 + INR 30 (Bus Costs)
- Children (below 3 years old):Free
What is the beauty in Design & Construction
The largest and most tallest statue of all time is made of bronze. It was made by an Indian artist, Shri Ram Vanji Suthar and is one of the Padma Bhushan and Padma Shree awardee for his work to the field of art. A consortium of Turner Construction, Michael Graves and Associates and the Meinhardt Group supervised the project. It took 57 months for the project to complete the project - 15 months for preparation, 40 months of construction and two months of handing over to the consortium. Bronze panels were cast by Jiangxi Tongqing Metal Handicrafts Co. Ltd (the TQ Art foundry) in China since suitable facilities were not available in India. These bronze pieces were then transported via sea, and later via road to the workshop close to the construction site, in order to be assembled. It is the Statue of Unity is the highest statue in the world in terms of height, at 182 meters (597 feet). It is 54 meters (177 feet) more than the previous record-holder which was that of the Spring Temple Buddha in China's Henan province.
Points to Note regarding the Statue of Unity
- The statue's height is 182 meters in order to match how many seats there are, which is 182 in Gujarat Legislative Assembly.
- The structure's outer layer is made up of the bronze plates of 1700 tones and 1850 tones of bronze cladding that consists of five macro panels and 565 micro.
- The Statue of Unity can withstand speeds of 130 Km/h and an earthquake measuring 6.5 units on the Richter scale.
- The concrete towers that form the statue's legs are home to two elevators that can transport 26 people to the viewing gallery.
- The viewing gallery with a height of the height of 153 metres can house up to 200 people at one visit, offering stunning panoramas from the Dam Satpura and the Vindhyachal Mountains..
- The location has a distinct space for selfies for fans of the social network.
- Around 5700 tons of steel for structural use along with reinforcement bars of 1800 metric tons were used to construct the structure of the Statue of Unity.
How can I get there?
You can take taxis to Vadodara, Ahmedabad or Surat and then walk towards Surat to visit the Statue of Unity. You can also travel to Ahmedabad and hire a cab that will take you from Ahmedabad towards Vadodara and then proceed towards the Statue of Unity. Numerous car rental firms offer one-way trips to Vadodara or get to Vadodara by flight or train and then hire taxis to vadodara up to Vadodara to Statue of Unity.