New: NYUNGWE FOREST LODGE*****
Nyungwe Forest Lodge is nearing completion and will be
fully operational in 2010. The lodge is an amazing addition to the tourism offering in Rwanda and can now be used to showcase to international travelers, the unbelievably beautiful Nyungwe Forest.
The lodge will operate as half board
including Breakfast, Dinner and selected beverages. The lodge offers a relaxation retreat, infinity pool with Bistro lunch dining, Board room for 18 delegates, Luxury rooms, Exclusive suites or family villas.
Besides this new lodge the other news is that constructors are continuing to operate and improve Gorillas Nest Lodge on a care taking basis until this lodge receives its renovation. This date has not however has not been finalized as yet.
For extra information, about bookings etc. - If you prefer quality travel -
Nyungwe Forest Lodge.
The lodge, built to blend in With the surrounding environment is situated in a tea plantation on the edge of the Nyungwe closed canopy rain forest, home to 13 species of primates, including Chimpanzees.
- Bistro with outdoor heated swimming pool
- Boma area for outdoor dining and drinks
- Relaxation retreat with 2 treatment rooms and a Jacuzzi pool
- Gift boutique
- Fitness centre with treadmill, cycle and free weights
- Conference facilities with AV equipment accommodating up to 18 delegates
- Tea lounge and bar
- Restaurant including private room with private terrace
- The main lodge building is wheelchair friendly with relevant facilities
- Daily laundry service
- Wireless internet access at main lodge building
Room/Suite configuration: (all rooms and suites are forest facing)
- 15 x King bedded Luxury rooms sleeping a maximum of 2 adults each
- 7 x Twin bedded Luxury rooms sleeping a maximum of 2 adults each
- 2 x King bedded suites (both connect with a second twin bedded luxury room)
> Fire place
> international electric adaptors
> Air conditioning
> Private deck
> Private mini bar
> En-suite bathroom with indoor shower
> Tea and coffee making facility
> International dial telephones
> Flat LCD screen and digital satellite channels
> Electronic safe (Laptop size)
> Wireless internet access
Nyungwe Forest Lodge:
Immerse yourself in the beauty of the rugged African Jungle…………….
# The only five star establishment within the Nyungwe National Park area.
# Variety of 13 primate species representing 20% of the African primate species
# Black and White Colobus Monkeys are found in groups up to 400 individuals, almost 10 times the maximum group size recorded anywhere else
# More than 240 tree species in Nyungwe National Park
# More than 140 orchid species
# 275 Bird species with 24 endemic to the Central African Highlands (Albertine Rift)
The driving distance from Kigali city centre is 250 km and the driving time is 4 to 5 hours travelling at speeds of approximately 60 km per hour average
Helicopter charter flights can be arranged from Kigali International Airport, weather permitting
Daily Rwandair flights from Kigali to Kamembe are available, weather permitting
Activities in the surroundings:
- Chimpanzee trekking (not for children under the age of fifteen)
- Black and White Colobus monkey trekking
- Grey-cheeked Mangabey trekking
- Blue Monkey and Golden Monkey trekking
- Kamiranzovu Swamp walk
- Kamiranzovu Waterfall walk
- Various guided walking trails from 1 hour to 7 hours
- Bird watching walk
- Cultural area walk