If you are suppressing your idea of a trip to India due to the long process required to make the traditional visa, you no longer need to suppress that idea anymore.
With the passage of time and the internet becoming easily accessible, numerous countries now provide the facility of an electronic visa. It enables tourist or travelers to enter a country and stay in the country for a short period of time (for longer stays, they need to apply for a traditional visa).
In the e-visa application, all the information you provide gets stored electronically. Upon successful submission and approval, you will receive the e-visa in the form of an e-mail to your registered email id in a day or two.
If your purpose of going on a short trip to India matches any of the following, you shall choose to get an e visa online for india.
- Visit relatives/friends
- Business stay
- Participation in sports activities
- Humanitarian, scientific, or cultural activities
Before you go on to apply for an Indian e visa, you shall also know whether or not you are an eligible participant for the visa. The eligibility conditions are as follows:
- You should be visiting India for the purpose of meeting friends/family, participating in recreational activities, medical treatment, or a business visit.
- Your passport must have a validity of minimum six months from the date of your visa application.
- Your passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- You should have a return-journey ticket or an onward journey ticket on your arrival in India.
After you confirm your eligibility, you can move on to the application process for obtaining your online visa. All you need is to have a scanned copy of your passport's bio page and passport sized photo. The application process is easy and hassle-free as you don't have to visit any embassy and face any interview. You only need the required documents on your arrival. In the application process, you merely need to fill in your personal details, family details, and references. Once you submit the online application, you will have to pay the necessary fees (varies for different countries), and you will receive the email address verification. Verify your email id to finish the procedure. You will receive an email providing you with the Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) within the next 72 hours.
For a trouble-free experience, you should also know the circumstances when the Indian Bureau of Immigration can reject the visa applications of some applicants. The rejection can be due to:
- Skipping or missing any important information
- The validity of the passport is less than six months
- Providing wrong/misleading information in the application form
- Not specifying your visa type properly
- Not clarifying the intention of returning.
You should carefully provide all the necessary details as the fees you pay is non-refundable and, the rejection of the application will lead to the loss of money as well as time. Moreover, you will have to redo the complete process for making an Indian e visa again in the future.
Author’s Bio: The author has explained things which you must know before applying for an Indian e visa . It includes the eligibility criteria, the application process, and other necessary information.