People do prefer to travel with Indian Railways a lot not only because there are endless options of travelling from one place to another but they are quite affordable to Indian masses. More than 80 percent of Indian masses travel by trains and there are many people who are frequent travelers.
Traveling through trains has also become easier these days as one can reserve train berths online now via the IRCTC booking process and one does not have to reserve a ticket anymore by standing in a queue. Apart from that, ordering a meal in the train is also easier. When it comes to train food services in Indian Railways, one has a lot of options to choose from:
- There are a few trains which have pantry cars in them. If one is traveling by that train then they can easily place their food order from the pantry car and get the choice of food they want.
- One can also order food from the official website of Indian Railways that is IRCTC. They have an e catering service now. One can visit their site and enter the 10 digit passenger name record number which is there in the train ticket. Then one has to choose the name of the station where they want their food to arrive and the menu will automatically open the vendor names and the food choices. Then the passenger needs to select the mode for payment. One can pay securely with any mode of payments and the order gets confirmed.
- Once the order is confirmed one will receive the food at their seat on the given date and that too at the preferred station. The passenger will get an SMS about the details of the food order. There will be a verification OTP also sent to the passenger which will be done by the service provider.
- Apart from this, one can also book a meal with a phone call. By doing this, the food will be delivered to the seat by the vendor in the preferred station. But yes, one has to place the order at least an hour before they want their meal.
- If one wants to book a meal with a message that is also possible. One can send an SMS to the number provided by the railways caterers and the food also gets delivered to the preferred station.
One can also go for food cancellation after they have ordered it. This has to be done at least 2 hours before the food delivery. But yes, if the payment is already done then the refund will take at least 3 working days. If there is any kind of issues with the food delivery or the food quality then they can always lodge a complaint at the Indian Railways food service. For food on track services, there are mobile apps available as well which one can use. This is the best way for quick order and quick delivery which can be done with a few clicks.