Taking a look at my travels over the past year and making "A Case for Travel Insurance". I'm not trying to sell you on the idea -- I promise. wp.me/p1wBqk-9

Enjoy!

Susan Decoteau-Ferrier
Freelance Travel Writer / Blogger / Photographer

Blog: GypsyTales01.wordpress.com
FB: http://on.fb.me/kRI507
Email: Gypsytales01@gmail.com
Twitter: @Gypsy_Tales
Phone: 443-907-9353

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry. I understand the link is not working. Try this one www.gypsytales01.wordpress.com. This should get you there.
  • I cannot get this link to work. Is that a temporary problem or is the link wrong?

• Susan - I couldn't get the link to work, but I never travel without insurance. I had a rather spectacular biking accident in Britain which resulted in my first ride in an ambulance. I was pissed they wouldn't turn on the sirens.

I have a travel insurance policy good for an unlimited number of trips outside Canada. If the trip is longer than 14 days I have to contact the insurer for an extension. But the policy covers lost/delayed luggage, travel delays and additional travel expenses, as well as medical coverage - including the ever popular air ambulance home - for $86 a year!

In September I stepped on to an oyster wharf and went flying. I almost ended up in the Bassin d'Arachon. I landed so hard on the wharf that a shoe flew off. And then one of my colleagues came to my rescue. That resulted in a 6'2" man landing on top of me and almost sending the two of us sliding in the bay. A few days later I was being driven through vineyards in Bordeaux and the driver of the motorcycle I was on lost control of her bike. Luckily I was wearing a helmet and my backpack provided the rest of the protection. I emerged with a scrap on my elbow. Oh yes, also on that trip our boatman rather than tie the boat to the wharf held it in place. Unfortunately a wave forced it away from the wharf just as I was about to get on. I still didn't go into the bay, but had to jump to stay dry.

I can't afford to live an uninsured life.

This reply was deleted.