Replies

• Thank you
  • What terrible news! I met Rich only once (I was on the press trip to Portugal and Spain, too), but I enjoyed his company during the week or so that we traveled together.
  • My dear friend, I am so shocked to hear this news. Rich was so full of life and fun! The two of you created magic wherever you went. If there is anything I can do to help you during this difficult time, please let me know. I will keep you both in my prayers
  • Yes he told me how glad he was that you were on that trip

Ed Wetschler said:
    Ruth, I read this with shock, disbelief, sorrow, loss. As you know, Rich and I traveled together to Portugal, Spain, and (briefly) Amsterdam about a year and a half ago, and we hit it off. He was such an interesting, vigorous person, with strong enthusiasms and, to borrow a phrase from G. Bernard Shaw, life force.
    But now, this is so sudden and unexpected, a terrible thing for Rich and for you, an event that robs me of words. If you have time, please keep us posted on how you are doing.
  • Oh, Ruth! My deepest sympathy. I remember you and Rich as such a dynamic duo when we traveled together in Norway in 2008.

Words are never sufficient for a loss like this. May your memories give you comfort and live on in your heart.
  • My deepest condolences, Ruth. Any loss is devastating, but an unexpected loss all the more so. I understand; I lost my father last year under terrible and totally unforeseen circumstances. Please know that you are not alone, and that we share in your sorrow.

Please take very good care of yourself in these difficult days.
  • Ruth, I read this with shock, disbelief, sorrow, loss. As you know, Rich and I traveled together to Portugal, Spain, and (briefly) Amsterdam about a year and a half ago, and we hit it off. He was such an interesting, vigorous person, with strong enthusiasms and, to borrow a phrase from G. Bernard Shaw, life force.
    But now, this is so sudden and unexpected, a terrible thing for Rich and for you, an event that robs me of words. If you have time, please keep us posted on how you are doing.
  • Ruth, on behalf of Tripatini let me offer our sincere condolences for your -- and our -- loss. The travel journalism world won't be quite the same, and we're all the poorer for it. As Carol Canter put it so well, please let us know what else we might be able to do to help at this difficult moment. God bless...
  • thank you

Carol Canter said:
    Oh, Ruth, I'm so terribly sorry, shocked and saddened to read this. Though we've only met briefly at media events -- France, Hong Kong, etc. -- Rich's style and charm, complementing your own -- made an impression, and I looked forward to getting to know you both better. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to support you at this most challenging of times.
  • Oh, Ruth, I'm so terribly sorry, shocked and saddened to read this. Though we've only met briefly at media events -- France, Hong Kong, etc. -- Rich's style and charm, complementing your own -- made an impression, and I looked forward to getting to know you both better. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to support you at this most challenging of times.
This reply was deleted.