Iberostar Hotels & Resorts is looking for an experienced travel blogger/journalist for regular monthly column in our blog (five 300- to 500-word posts per month). The ideal candidate has a substantial following on both Twitter and Facebook, and will post links to their work on our blog in their social media channels. This is a plum position that offers steady predictable income. Interested parties please reply directly on this discussion wall, or write privately to this profile. Thanks!

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Replies

• Dear Iberostar Hotels and Resorts,

My name is Gretchen Kelly.  I am a professional travel reporter with an expertise in hotels and social media.  I was recently hired by Visit Wales (the Welsh tourism office) to be their official "blogger-in-residence."  They increased their Facebook revenue over 1 million dollars in the first three weeks of my blogs.  http://usa.visitwales.com/server.php?show=ConWebDoc.13967

Based on my success with Visit Wales, the City of Antwerp, Belgium hired me to blog about their new Red Star Line Museum from April to September.  My blogs increased their Facebook revenue over 200 percent.  http://blog.redstarline.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Gretchen-Kel...

As a traditoinal travel reporter and editor, I have been the News Editor for Business Traveler Magazine, covering hotels and hotel trends and write regularly for the New York Post, Luxury Travel Advisor, Interior Design, Executive Travel, Passport, Frommers.com, Travel Channel.com and many other high profile publications.

You can reach me at gktravel@aol.com or at 347 561 7150.  Some of my content is available on www.gretchenkelly.com.

Very best,

Gretchen

• I'm a lifestyle blogger with a good following (have written about Iberostar on my own blog Champagne Living a couple of times) and am interested in speaking with you more about this position. I also write travel pieces for Examiner, SkimbacoTravel, SheSpeaks & more.

Twitter followers: 26,448

Avg. monthly page views: 55,000

Facebook: 3678

• I would be very interested in this opportunity. You can check out my journalist website www.theepicureanexplorer.com. I would be happy to send you more information. You can contact me directly at mdhill@noralyn.com. As a side note, I've written incentive programs, hand major hotels and hotel groups as marketing clients before I switched my career to writing.

I look forward to hearing more about the position.

Maralyn D. Hill

• Hi,

I'm interested. I am a freelance travel writer for USA Today, Islands, Sherman's Travel, Upscale, etc. Feel free to take a look at my resume and writing samples on my website at www.sarahsekula.com. Thank you!

Sarah Sekula

• As a liefstlyle blogger please make sure the person you pick for the position visits the various properties and writes about them differently. I've stayed at your Cancun and Playa del Carmen properties and they are completely different. Blog readers want to know this information. Also, please make sure they understand that the Twitter following and Facebook following vary greatly. I tweet and Facebook for different companies and I consistently have to explain this to my clients. The Twitter reader wants immediate gratification. The Facebook reader wants interaction. This is a small nuance of Social Media. I look forward to seeing the blog posts.
  • Hello, I'm a journalist who's interested in your blog columnist position. I'm currently working as a travel blog writer for Extended Travel Hotels, a reporter for a weekly newspaper and lifestyle magazine. I would love to provide a similar service for you. Once you add me to your friends list, I'll be able to send you my resume for your viewing. If you would like to email me directly, you can reach me at andeys3@gmail.com. Thanks!
  • As I just won the AITO Online Travel Writer of the Year Award in the UK, do get in touch direct and I'll send you full details of what I do and what I can do for you: mgwrite@gmail.com.

Mike Gerrard

http://www.mikegerrard.com

• As an award-winning travel writer based in the Canary Islands, I'd be interested in hearing more about this position.

Best regards

Joe Cawley

This reply was deleted.