Kenya Safari

Will go on safari in Masai Mara late August of this year.  Looking for tips, trips, locations, etc to add either to front or back end oif the trip.  Assignments MOST welcome!

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have actually been considering the balloon ride! We are not staying too many days in the camp, so I may just add a few more. I absolutely would love to see some of the surrounding people, and their lifestyle!

Jackie Dishner said:
    I loved my trip to the Masai Mara. Had a great time. Stayed at the Fairmont camp. It was amazing, if a bit overdone. I probably wouldn't add on a balloon adventure, if I were you, as we were so high up we really didn't see the animals--and it cost more than $400. I didn't think it added much to the trip itself. Being on ground was the much better experience. And our guide was a crazy guy, driving right into the lion's den. We got great shots. On my trip, we also visited the slums in Nairobi, and a refugee camp up north that we had to charter a plane to get to on time. Probably not what you're wanting to do. But it served my purpose and gave me a great idea of what the country's really like in a broader perspective. We didn't see much of the wildebeast migration, but you'll be there about the time it takes place, so ask about that. It's supposed to be fascinating.
  • I loved my trip to the Masai Mara. Had a great time. Stayed at the Fairmont camp. It was amazing, if a bit overdone. I probably wouldn't add on a balloon adventure, if I were you, as we were so high up we really didn't see the animals--and it cost more than $400. I didn't think it added much to the trip itself. Being on ground was the much better experience. And our guide was a crazy guy, driving right into the lion's den. We got great shots. On my trip, we also visited the slums in Nairobi, and a refugee camp up north that we had to charter a plane to get to on time. Probably not what you're wanting to do. But it served my purpose and gave me a great idea of what the country's really like in a broader perspective. We didn't see much of the wildebeast migration, but you'll be there about the time it takes place, so ask about that. It's supposed to be fascinating.
This reply was deleted.