Help finding PR contacts outside the US

Hi--Heading on my own vacation to India (Delhi, Rajasthan and Kolkata), but I have a confirmed assignment for a culinary magazine I will be working on as well as a cocktail feature for Liquid Living.  Even though I am roughing it with my best friend, I am still seeking PR firms or others that rep better bars and restaurants, especially in Kolkata.  Also with regards to Singapore (which I know has an incredible cocktail scene through the nice woman at the tourism board), I am spending a day there en route to India, but I may want to extend my stay there for two days on the way back to the states if anybody knows PR firms who represent hotels and restaurant that host writers.  India is more important, however.

Later in the fall, around September, I may be headed to Berlin on an independent FAM, which means that my flight and lodging are covered but I need to find restaurants and clubs on my own...any leads to publicists for food and spirits there would be hugely appreciated.

Any advice on tracking down PR people in other countries will be warmly accepted.  I also will be happy to reciprocate with some of my contacts here in LA and the west.

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi--did you get the email I sent to you via my 4elyse@earthlink.net address with my whereabouts for India? If not, I will try to resend again through my Liquid Living address. Sorry my email is acting a little weird. Look forward to connecting with Kolkata's community and will make sure I tell them you referred me. Also, as mentioned, let me know if you need any guidance for the US, especially California.

Elyse

Elyse Glickman said:
    Just sent you some info direct to your email address, as sometimes my email does strange things even though my mailbox is not full. or I could have made a typo--4elyse@earthlink.net

You can also try editor@liquidlivingmagazine.com

Elyse

Sudeshna Ghosh said:
    Hey! my email to you just bounced back.. anyways, here is the message, you can email me back on sghosh@alnisrmedia.com.
    Hi Elyse,

This is my work email, and I have cc-ed myself in on my private email too. Do let me know your plans as of now, and I can help you fill the gaps in your itinerary/point you in the right direction…

And.. your friend is absolutely right, Kolkata has an amazing foodie scene (some of the best Chinese in the world, for example!), and a very lively streed food vibe too – although I’m not sure how much of that American travellers can stomach, so I’d recommend caution when experimenting with that!!

Look forward to hearing from you soon, and I’m sure you’ll have a fabulous time in India!

Thanks.

Sudeshna
  • Just sent you some info direct to your email address, as sometimes my email does strange things even though my mailbox is not full. or I could have made a typo--4elyse@earthlink.net

You can also try editor@liquidlivingmagazine.com

Elyse

Sudeshna Ghosh said:
    Hey! my email to you just bounced back.. anyways, here is the message, you can email me back on sghosh@alnisrmedia.com.
    Hi Elyse,

This is my work email, and I have cc-ed myself in on my private email too. Do let me know your plans as of now, and I can help you fill the gaps in your itinerary/point you in the right direction…

And.. your friend is absolutely right, Kolkata has an amazing foodie scene (some of the best Chinese in the world, for example!), and a very lively streed food vibe too – although I’m not sure how much of that American travellers can stomach, so I’d recommend caution when experimenting with that!!

Look forward to hearing from you soon, and I’m sure you’ll have a fabulous time in India!

Thanks.

Sudeshna
  • Hey! my email to you just bounced back.. anyways, here is the message, you can email me back on sghosh@alnisrmedia.com.
    Hi Elyse,

Thanks.

Sudeshna
  • BTW--I will be in Kolkata from June 12-16. I will be in Kentucky this week, but you will be able to reach me as my business trip activities are not packed this week. I leave for India on June 1, do a day in Singapore on the 3rd and then will be spending time in Delhi and Rajasthan through the 11th. My best friend and colleague tells me the real "story" is that Kolkata and its foodie scene is just waiting to be discovered as not many Americans have discovered it, in comparison to Delhi and Jaipur. I look forward to being one of the pioneers in travel writing to spread word. My best friend goes there to hang out with friends every two years for the entire summer.

Feel free to pass along my contact info and web sites (elyse4writing.wordpress.com and liquidlivingmagazine.com) to anybody who may be interested.

If you do any travel in the US, especially Los Angeles, Chicago and New Orleans, I will be happy to reciprocate with my contacts.

Sudeshna Ghosh said:
    Dear Elyse,
    I am a journalist based in Dubai, but am originally from Kolkata - so know the city in and out! Would be happy to help you out, both with PR contacts, and insider info as well... do you want to email me with a few more of your details?
    Thanks!
  • This would be WONDERFUL. Please email me at 4elyse@earthlink.net and I will send you my full itinerary.

Elyse

Sudeshna Ghosh said:
    Dear Elyse,
    I am a journalist based in Dubai, but am originally from Kolkata - so know the city in and out! Would be happy to help you out, both with PR contacts, and insider info as well... do you want to email me with a few more of your details?
    Thanks!
  • Dear Elyse,
    Thanks!
This reply was deleted.