Freelance Journalist Wanted

A lot of you feed your travel habit by writing stories that aren't in this field, so I'm posting this:
Funerals Today Magazine is looking for freelance journalist. If you are interested please send your resume to employment@EternalEnterprisesInc.com

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Actually, if you read beyond where they say they don't pay for articles you get to a line about professional freelance journalists.

I think what they mean is that they don't pay funeral directors and their staff and industry suppliers for content. That's pretty common with trade titles.
    • I assume the magazine uses product shots: coffins, limousines, national companies that arrange floral arrangements, memory books, thank-you notes, chairs, and chauffeurs' uniforms. I don't know the publication, but I would assume that it would not pay you well enough to justify your taking fresh images for them. There is no harm in asking, though.
    • Allan, Jessica Mitford wrote The American Way of Death, but I think the movie you're thinking of us The Loved One. It was an unusually biting satire, considering that it was made (or I think it was made) in Hollywood. Wherever it was made, the movie's a little bit Mitford, a little bit Evelyn Waugh, and gleefully recommended.
  • Oh gawd, what was that movie based on the Mitford book about the American funeral business? Robert Morely was in it. It's a classic in B&W.

I come from an Irish family and people look at me oddly when I refer to "the family undertaker", but where I live, Catholics go to one home, Protestants to another. We don't really have any Jewish families - they would have to drive 70 miles for a home which specializes in that community.
  • well this is interesting
    • It doesn't pay? In that case, it really doesn't pay. Thanks for checking that out, Susan.
  • Hi Ed,
    The operative word is "free". Funerals Today magazine doesn't pay for articles or photos.
  • Journey of another kind.
This reply was deleted.