Africa assignment

Do we have any Africa experts in this group? By "Africa experts," I don't mean someone who's just been on a couple of safaris, but someone who knows a lot of hotels/lodges/tours and knows how to contact the major tourist boards (e.g. Kenya...).

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Lucy, I think my editor has already chosen someone, but I'll give her your name anyway. As some of you know, I've passed some other names from this page to the editor as well. I figure even if she has found someone for the immediate assignment, maybe next time around she'll want you.

• Thanks Ed - will keep my fingers crossed!

Lucy

• Hi Ed

I'm Africa-based and have an in-depth knowledge of the continent. I have worked on a number of Lonely Planet's African guides including South Africa, Cape Town and the Garden Route and am currently updating chapters of both the Southern Africa and Africa guides.

I'm based in Cape Town - would love to hear more from you about any possible assignment.

Best,

Lucy

• Ed,

I am headed to Namibia in November to partake in a Wildlife Conservation Voluntourism project with Biosphere-Expeditions. As travel editor for Women's Adventure magazine I will be writing on this unique adventure but am definitely interested in sharing the amazing work that Namibia has done in the way of conservation tourism.  If this sparks interest for an Africa assignment, please let me know.  I am happy to contribute something about Namibia. 

All the best,

Gigi

• Hi Ed,

We have some of the most detailed and extensive coverage of luxury and safari East and Southern Africa - more than 70 safari properties profiles for example. What do you need?

• Inka, an over-all expert is what's needed. Allan, I know what you mean. Years ago I went on one elk-stalking trip. SNAP! I'm an elk expert. 

• Hehehe. Good thing you clarified, we're all 5-minute experts.

• Will Morocco and Southafrica do? If so, I'm certainly interested.

• Hi Ed, I am an Africa expert.  I have a Master's in African Studies and I've recently updated the Berlitz Pocket Guide to Cape Town.  I also contributed heavily to Fodor's Southern and East Africa guidebook and I am the former Africa editor at Travel Agent Magazine.  I'm pretty busy at the moment with other assignments but would love to hear more.

This reply was deleted.