Looking for print outlet for Scotch in Scotland

I'm heading on a press trip in June to Scotland to visit the Scotch distilleries (and tour the country).  I will be doing quite a few stories online, but the agency that is sending me would like me to do something for print also.  After years of successful freelancing for mostly print, I've had terrible luck in the last year.  Either the magazine folds before my article comes out, or the article comes out and I don't get paid because they are in financial trouble!

Any ideas on a print publication that looks pretty stable and would be interested in a Scotch in Scotland story?

Thanks in advance,
Marcia
http://wwwWineAndSpiritsTravel.com

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Get the new edition (6th)! It's been updated since Michael passed on a couple of years ago, and the updated edition has just been released! I'm in Speyside right now and loving it!
  • Get the last edition of Michael Jackson's Complete Guide to Single Malt Scotches. That has been my bible for single malts ever since it first came out.
  • I'd love to hear about it! Drop me a trip report (or a link to stories)-marcia@pwta.com.

Mark Gillespie said:
    Good news! I'll be going over next month to spend a couple of days at Royal Lochnagar taking Diageo's malt class and then visiting distilleries in Speyside before heading down to Glasgow to speak at the World Whiskies Conference.

Marcia Frost said:
    All set with Exhale Magazine, in addition to my online column, my blog and a few others!

Marcia
  • Good news! I'll be going over next month to spend a couple of days at Royal Lochnagar taking Diageo's malt class and then visiting distilleries in Speyside before heading down to Glasgow to speak at the World Whiskies Conference.

Marcia Frost said:
    All set with Exhale Magazine, in addition to my online column, my blog and a few others!

Marcia
  • All set with Exhale Magazine, in addition to my online column, my blog and a few others!

Marcia
  • I will give the airlines a try. I know American's has a freelance freeze on, but I haven't tried those two in awhile.

I haven't gotten the full itinerary yet. Definitely Dewar's and the scotchs of Diageo and Beam.

Marcia

Mark Gillespie said:
    Wish I had some good suggestions...you might try the airline magazines. US Airways and Continental both fly into Scotland, so their magazines might have some interest.

Which distilleries are you visiting?

Hope this helps...

Mark
  • Wish I had some good suggestions...you might try the airline magazines. US Airways and Continental both fly into Scotland, so their magazines might have some interest.

Which distilleries are you visiting?

Hope this helps...

Mark
This reply was deleted.