Walking in Spain

Looking for one-day hikes (or overnight if I can stay in a town/village) in the Alpujarras region and the far northeast of Spain (eastern Pyrenees and/or Costa del Sol environs) - any and all suggestions welcome.

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Beatriz, but have been and come back from Spain.  Did a two-day walk in the Alpujarras from Pampaneira, with snow on the Sierra Nevada peaks and the gardens and farms in full fruit.  Only problem was that my husband badly turned an ankle on a fallen chestnut, but he battled on and we are already planning a return to smaller town Spain with more walking.  What a fabulous part of a wonderful country.  Now I just have to convince some editors that this is a truly remarkable part of the world and worth publicising!

• I delight that you find liked. I believe that it is one of the most wonderful place of the world. If you need photos, some route or knowing mores ir some place, traditions, places, typical local holidays.., do not hesitate to say it to me and sending everything what you should need and " to convince your editors ".
  • Hi Melanina, If you want to discover the certification Alpujarra, I suggest you to call to the company Nhue concierge.
    I traveled to Granada and they made a bespoke trip. With itineraries, routes, corners known only by local people.... They have an activity, which is to discover the Alpujarras in a vitange Car.
  • Hi Melanie,

I run Ibex Trex Walking Holidays and we specialize in the Sierra Nevada and Las Alpujarras. We have been running our business there now for 4 years and if you would like to know more please take a look at our website. www.ibextrex.com

We have lots of walks and itineraries that you could enjoy.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dan

Ibex Trex 

• Hi Melanie, I can suggest you a B&B in Alhaurin de la Torre, a beautiful town close to Malaga, just 15 min from Airport and from Torremolino Beach. This is a very original and spectacular house with affordable price.

The web is www.arasil.com

Silvana 

• Have done as you suggested Ed,

Only now discovering what a great link up Tripatini is!

Melanie

• Awfully good questions (I saw the one about the car, too), Melanie. I can't answer them, but I can urge you to post them on Tripatini's Ask a Travel Pro widget. That question will then appear on Tripatini's home page, so everyone will see it.
This reply was deleted.