Sustainable + Green + Responsible Travel and Tourism theme drives
speaker topics throughout the two-day event.
February 16, 2011 (Seattle) - Travel & Words, the highly regarded Pacific Northwest conference that connects travel writers with destination specialists, announced today its line-up of presenters. The event theme is Sustainable + Green + Responsible Travel and Tourism, offering an opportunity for freelance writers, bloggers and journalists to explore these key trends in travel in the Northwest and throughout the world. Travel & Words will be held May 1-2, 2011, at Willows Lodge, a sustainable boutique hotel located near Seattle in Woodinville, Washington.
Presenters include published writers and specialists in sustainability, including:
- Allen Cox, travel and lifestyle writer, and author of Best Easy Day Hikes Seattle and Best Easy Day Hikes Tacoma.
- Jake Haupert, chief escapes officer of Evergreen Escapes, an adventure travel company, and co-founder of P.U.R.E. Travel Collaborative, which promotes and supports the sustainable tourism industry in the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
- Linda Saunders, Director of Conservation at Wolf Haven International in Tenino, Washington. This non-profit organization supports wolf conservation and education, and provides a lifetime sanctuary for displaced or captive-born wolves.
- Roger Ward, award-winning travel photographer whose images have been published in regional, national and international publications.
- Roy Stevenson, freelance writer and author of the upcoming e-book, Maximum Marketing of Freelance Non-Fiction Articles.
- Nan Devlin, writer, tourism strategist and instructor in sustainable tourism administration at The George Washington University, Washington D.C.
- And a surprise guest presenter on the topic of “Sustainable Culinary and Agritourism," which will be the theme of Travel & Words Spring 2012 conference.
Panels of freelance writers, travel bloggers, publishers, and magazine and book editors will offer guidance on pitching articles and building a freelance writing business.
Nine visitor bureaus and destination marketing organizations from throughout the Pacific Northwest are confirmed as exhibitors.
The conference also will follow green meeting practices by reducing paper use and encouraging attendees to arrive by train, shuttle or car-share.
Early bird registration of $99 is available until March 1. This includes conference materials, writers' resource table, authors' book table, Northwest wineries wine tasting, access to presenters and exhibitors, and refreshments and meals. Willows Lodge is offering a special room rate to attendees. For more information, visit: http://www.travelwritersconference.com/
About Pacific NW Travel Writers Conference: Travel & Words conferences are presented by Pacific NW Travel Writers Conference, an all-volunteer organization of regional freelance writers, travel bloggers and tourism professionals dedicated to providing a forum for freelance writers, staff writers and journalists who want to explore and expand their markets in new ways in a changing world.
Allen Cox, 253.565.7776, firstname.lastname@example.org
Myrna Oakley, 503.661.6473, email@example.com