Cape Cod

With famous names like Hyannis, Barnstable, Wellfleet, Falmouth, Woods Hole, and of course Provincetown, despite generations of popularity, America's original vacationland still manages to hang on to its gracious, briny New England charm, and manages to appeal to a wide range of visitors, from conventional families and honeymooners to gays and lesbians (the last of which who have made P'town what it is today). More info: www.CapeCodChamber.org, www.CapeCodOnline.com, www.CapeCodTravel.com, www.CapeCodTravelGuide.com, www.ProvincetownTourismOffice.org.

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi fellow Go-lo-ers...my family just returned from a trip to the outer Cape and I wanted to share a few ideas...
    > A great place (okay, maybe the only place) for authentic barbeque is on Route 6 (the main highway that traverses the Cape) westbound in Wellfleet...it's called Marconi's It-Il-Do BBQ. Typical Cape prices, but great food and lots of it. We ate there twice in 3 days.
    > If you're in Provincetown, a great place for burgers and onion chunks (yes chunks, not rings) is Mojo's just off Commercial Street (the main drag; in more ways than one). The only Portugese bakery (aptly called -Portugese Bakery) makes killer fried dough as the line at the counter at 9:30 on a Thursday night will attest.
    > We also ate at a place called Pepe's, again on Commercial Street in P-town...great location and building, but not worth the pricey menu. I'm always leary of an establishment that charges for bread/butter.
    > The whale watch with any of the Dolphin Fleet boats is well worth the money. Book online and save a few $$$. They depart right from the main wharf in P-town.
    > Further down mid-Cape, I defy anyone to find better onion rings than at the Kream n Kone in Dennis (intersection of Rts. 28 and 134). Great burgers, too. I wanted a shake too, but my belt was already on the last notch.
    > I've been to other parts of the Cape as well, so feel free to ask any questions...
    > Bill
This reply was deleted.