Looking for London city tours

I'd like to know what you would recommend as half and/or full-day tours for a first-timer in London. Instead of touring just one or two sites in four hours, I'm looking for a narrated overview tour that will drive past many of London's architectural highlights. Do any tour companies stand out for this type trip?

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Easy one.... the open top double-decker bus tour and the River Thames trip to Greenwich from Westminster... leave time for a good pub lunch  .... walking is the best way to see and take in London.... the crypt at St. Brides Church on Fleet St (if still open to public) is one of my favourites from way back when I worked on Fleet St.....also walk the Thames Path to the Barrier on either side of the river... some great history and some good pubs....cheers and lfit a pint for me...

• Thanks Rita, I check them out.  Any specific operators you'd recommend or avoid?

• There are so many, difficult to recommend. Best to go with any  
      recommended by VisitLondon visit. Sending email address below for
      the PR officer at VisitBritain. When are you planning to come? If you are stuck we have
      a room for bed and breakfast guests if you are looking for
      accommodation. Check out the agency website- London Home to Home - they have a selection of places scattered around London.

mark.di-toro@visitbritain.org

Rita
  •  

www.visitlondon.com/

www.tripadvisor.co.uk

These two sites should have the information you are looking for.

Good luck and enjoy your stay. You can email me if you want more suggestions. (rita@ritapaynemedia.com)

Rita

This reply was deleted.