New York Culinary Experience

The annual New York Culinary Experience, hosted by New York magazine and The French Culinary Institute, is a culinary camp for foodies that offers guests the opportunity to cook hands-on and side-by-side with some of the world's most renowned chefs including David Bouley, Andrew Carmellini, Cesare Casella, Alain Ducasse, Alex Guarnaschelli, Paul Liebrandt, Anita Lo, Masaharu Morimoto, Andre Soltner, Jacques Torres, and Laurent Tourondel to name a few.  The event benefits The Future Chefs Scholarship Program, created to make it possible for aspiring chefs to attend The French Culinary Institute.

Guests can spend their weekend:

· Cooking strozapretti with sausage and grapes and other dishes inspired by the Italian grape harvest alongside Andrew Carmellini

· Creating antipasti with Cesare Casella

· Glazing and slow roasting Long Island duck with Alex Guarnaschelli

· Braising and stewing beef with Michael Lomonaco

· Learning to sous-vide Australian ocean trout with Kalamansi and Nashi Pear with Shaun Hergatt

· Preparing Le Cirque Classics with Craig Hopson

· Exploring the use of brown butter in pastries, ice cream and chocolate with Michael Laiskonsis

· Perfecting bouillabaisse with Alain Sailhac, mastering Portuguese and Spanish shellfish preparations with George Mendes

·Brushing up on knife skills while learning the secrets to Morimoto’s hometown dishes from Hiroshima

· Demystifying clams with Ben Pollinger, exploring the world of High Tech Cocktails with Nils Noren and Dave Arnold

· Getting the lowdown on Italian pastas and sauces with Missy Robbins

· Baking Mediterranean breads with Mark Fiorentino

· Creating Italian crostatas and autumn-inspired confections with Gina DePalma

· Preparing seasonal autumn dishes with Paul Liebrandt

· Working with chocolate with none other than Jacques Torres

· Learning the artistry of Pichet Ong’s whimsical desserts

· Making French Alsatian onion tarts and charcuterie with Andre Soltner

· Using every part of a duck with Anita Lo

· Getting the most out of seasonal products with Laurent Tourondel

The cost for the weekend is $1,595 per ticket ($1,495 for purchases of two or more tickets) and includes classes, breakfast, lunch, and a cocktail/wine reception each day.

For more information about the New York Culinary Experience or to purchase tickets, please call (646)314-4413 or visit http://nymag.com/nyce/.

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is there a rate for travel journalists?
    • We may have a journalist rate. My apoloiges for the delay - I have not been on Tripini for some time. Are you still interested in attending? If so I will check into the rate.

Best,
      Melanie
This reply was deleted.