Mexico

Ay, chimichanga! In one of the great culinary countries of the world, you're in for quite a treat, from humble comida corrida street food up to some of the world's most sophisticated restos in spots like Mexico City, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta, Oaxaca, Cancun, and more. If your idea of Mexican food derives from Taco Bell and Carlos n' Charlie's, get ready to have your eyes opened... More info in English: www.LoMexicano.com.

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you are planning to be on the Mayan Riviera in the Fall of 2010, don't miss Taste of Playa 2010!! Taste of Playa is an annual culinary event in Playa del Carmen that celebrates the creativity and cultural influences of chefs throughout the Riviera Maya. The event promotes the unique culinary perspectives of local chefs, highlights new event venues and coordinates the efforts of local businesses and municipal governments.

This year's event is scheduled for November 21, 2010 in the Parque Fundadores from 3 pm to 9 pm. Admission to Taste of Playa is free to the public with "Taste of Playa Pesos" available for sale which are used to purchase the signature dishes offered. Samples will have a value of 1 or 2 Taste of Playa Pesos (10 to 20 pesos in value). All-inclusive VIP Passes and Taste of Playa Pesos may be purchased at the event, ordered in advance or purchased online beginning July 1, 2010.

Each year, Taste of Playa will donate proceeds from the event to a local non-profit food or clean water program. The beneficiary for Taste of Playa 2010 is the Rotary Club, Playa del Carmen district. This organization brings together business and professional leaders to provide humanitarian service, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and help build goodwill and peace in the cities and areas where we live. This year’s donation will go to a new food education program implemented by the Rotarians of Playa del Carmen, in an effort to educate local children and families about the importance of nutrition, nutritional balance and the use of local produce and resources to maintain a healthy diet.

For more information, visit http://www.TasteofPlaya.com.
    Taste of Playa International Food Festival - Playa del Carmen, Mexico
    Taste of Playa International Food Festival - Playa del Carmen, Mexico
  • If you visit Morelia in Mexico's Central Highlands, try these restaurants: San Miguelito, haute Michoacan cuisine in a relaxed, colorful environment; Los Mirasoles, a wine bar downtown; and La Fonda de Mercedes, Michoacan and continental cuisine served in an old house downtown. Other great places in the area include La Mesa, outside Patzcuaro.
    Villa Montaña, Morelia: European-Style Elegance, Michoacán Warmth and Soul
    As the weather turns cool here in the Western White Mountains of New Hampshire, I am remembering some special travels of the past few years...
  • Wonderful discussion about the fabulous culinary traditions found in my very own Mexico!

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce my company to you and it is sure to be of interest to any foodies out there. MexicaChica Getaways. I offer top level, week long learning vacations exclusively to women. Our Art, Culinary and Spanish Immersion tours aim to inspire in a supportive small group environment. In addition to our cultural getaways, we are able to custom tailor itineraries for groups of 6 or more.

Please visit my site to learn more: www.mexicachica.com

• Ay, chimichanga! If you are in Taos, New Mexico, try it at Guadalajara Grill, Orlandos or Antonio's. Different, but delicious, in each place. Bien Venidos a Taos, Nuevo Mexico!
This reply was deleted.