Assignment: Caribbean celebrities

Needed Aug. 1, feature on celebrity hangouts in the Caribbean, for in-room book of Carnival Cruise Lines. Should be places where cruise guests can go on a day visit: lunch spots, shopping areas, beaches, rather than clubs and hotels. 1,200 to 1,500 words, rate negotiable.

Kate McClare, executive editor

Onboard Media

Miami Beach, FL 

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• In old San Juan Puerto Rico may I recommend VACATION RENTALS

Victor of Countryside Tours

Old San Juan Puerto Rico Vacation Home Rentals by VR411
    Search 9 vacation rentals in Old San Juan, Puerto Rico including Old San Juan private vacation homes and condos some lodging below $99 a night in Old…
  • Hi Kate

I'm Editor of The caribbean property investor magazine in London and was Editor of caribbean World magazine for 7 years. I write extensively about the Caribbean for The Sunday Telegraph, City AM, Cruise International and Cnn Traveller, among others.

I could supply this piece for you easily by August 1st, I have lots of contacts throughout the region

let me know

Judith Baker

• Dear Kate,

Honestly I don't know where any celebrity shacks up or where Shaggy does his bit. And quite frankly I believe that such leads are better given by the publisher. I can bring in a fresh, wide-eyed perspective, what-I-see, not awe-ful; am not. Kindly see my travel blog for samples: www.wanderink.com

Wantering.com - Way to go
    Thommen Jose is a traveller, adventurer, biker, writer… What pays for all these is filmmaking for the development sector through Upwardbound Communic…
  • Thank you all for your responses. I will have a decision byTuesday morning. I will keep you in mind for future assignments if this is not a fit for us.
  • PS-Kate, Curacao is also home to a major Regata sponsored by Heineken that probably draws a fancy international crowd.  The PR woman who is my main Curacao contact (we've known each other for 10 years)  is really good about procuring info that will help sell the story to a specific outlet.
  • Hi, Kate,

I recently wrote extensively on Curacao for a number of publications, on a variety of topics, from lifestyle spas to weddings, to food culture to Jewish heritage, and i can probably get info from my contacts about good day spots that are not clubs or hotels, but great lunch spots, a cooking school, interesting emerging neighborhoods and shopping.--even submarine rides!  If you are interested, give me a call at 3104977157 or 4elyse@earthlink.net.  You can also check out my portfolio on elyse4writing.wordpress.com.

On another note, I have some great current material on Cape Town, Kapama Safaris, Bangkok (foodie and tourism, and awesome shopping), Chiva Som (Thailand) Spa (wellness and interesting shopping with a celebrity angle) and a foodie journey through Israel. Stories are orphaned from a folded magazine but can be adapted for pretty much anything.

• Hi Kate--

You're prob being flooded with answers right now. But if you need it, I can get you where Shaggy (new hit "Sugarcane") hangs in Jamaica (he has a house there and in Miami), Riyanna in Barbados (always on the beaches) and more. My best friend from high school reps a lot of celeb music, actor and chef acts etc--she's a no-fail source and has other friends in the biz :). Could also get you a recipe from Shaggy featuring sugarcane--as a fun, take-home sidebar.

Best,

Jen Karetnick

This reply was deleted.