A Day Trip to the Ivy League of the West

On our new story today at The World on Wheels, it's a day trip to the Ivy League of the West, Claremont. Home of the Claremont colleges...a group of five universities that are no strangers to U.S News and Word Report's annual list...it's also home to a lively village full of funky shops, restaurants, theaters, clubs, and bars...not to mention the miles of hiking trails just a couple of blocks away. Also, a rarity in the L.A. area, it is really well served by rail and bus transit and everything you want to see and do is withing walking distance of the station: http://tinyurl.com/cj7g375

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Did you know that Swami Parthasarathy, the world's best known proponent of Vedanta, is speaking at Pomona College on Sunday, September 23? Vedanta is a philosophy based on the ancient texts called "the Vedas." There's more information here. Swami has also been featured in TIME magazine. There's more information on Sunday's event on my Facebook page.

My husband went to CMC when it was Claremont Men's College - and that wasn't yesterday!

• Very cool.  I can usually count on catching something interesting there. We've gone to a few classical music performances there and more sporting events than I can count (my son has broadcast many a game from the facilities there).

This reply was deleted.