When travelling with Ethiopian airlines, passengers are advised to get themselves educated on the airline policies of serving onboard drinks especially when it comes to alcohol. So, to avoid any confusion later.
Being the largest air carrier in Africa, Ethiopian airlines cater to nearly every single of its passengers' needs on board. As a 4-star rated airline, the quality of services is immaculate in every regard. Moreover, you can make changings in your bookings via the website section named Ethiopian Airline manage booking.
Factors affecting Alcohol serving.
- With different policies for short-haul, medium-haul and long-haul flights via Ethiopian airlines, the company has different alcohol serving policies.
- The alcohol served by the airline also depends upon the type of tickets you’ve purchased i.e., whether business or economy.
- Both the passenger classes are offered alcohol in limited amounts but business class passengers have a wide range of options to choose from as well as extra benefits when it comes to being served alcohol on board.
Selection of Alcohol drinks.
Ethiopian offers a large selection of alcoholic beverages on board.
- With their red, white, and sparkling options available, Ethiopian Airlines’ wine selection options are pretty impressive.
- Passengers are also offered to try wine options produced right in Ethiopia's Rift Valley.
- Beer and other small selections of liquor and liqueurs.
- For mixing, the options available are;
v-Non-alcoholic beverages with cinnamon, ginger, and tenadam flavours.
- All of the Drinks get served with ‘kolo’ which is a traditional Ethiopian snack made of roasted barley mixed with roasted pulses.
The beer options when travelling with Ethiopian airlines include;
Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic.
The liqueurs options when travelling with Ethiopian airlines include;
- Remy Martin VSOP.
- Tia Maria.
The aperitifs options when travelling with Ethiopian airlines include;
The liquor options when travelling with Ethiopian airlines include;
- Johnnie Walker Black Label.
- Chivas Regal.
The wine options when travelling with Ethiopian airlines include;
- Two white and three red options from Ethiopia or Africa/Europe and Port.
Is there a limit for alcohol serving onboard?
Though there’s no official rule concerning the limit of alcohol served for passengers on board, flight attendants have to authority to refuse to serve a passenger if;
- They subjectively feel one has had too much to drink.
- A passenger is not behaving appropriately.
They might also have unstated limits.
Travelling business Vs economy.
- For economy class passengers, the amount as well as the options for alcohol consumption are only limited.
- For the passengers of business class, they can choose from any of the drinks mentioned above and get served as many times as they want.
So, if you are travelling with Ethiopian Airlines soon, these are things to know about their alcohol serving rules and regulations on board.