Book Affordable Maldives Tour Packages With ASAP Holidays
An independent island country with a collection of the most beautiful sunsets, Maldives is the second name for “Paradise On Earth.” Scattered around the Indian Sub-Continent, this island nation consists of 26 coral atolls and 1190 beautiful islands, making it an idyllic beach destination. The coral atolls in the Maldives are spread over 1,800 km with an average distance of 50 km between each island. To enjoy exclusive deals on the Maldives tour package, book it now on Asap holidays and unravel the fascinating world of serenity and divinity.
The island city, Maldives has always been a dream destination for all scuba divers around the world. It features endless white-sand beaches, azure waters, palm trees; all this together make it the ultimate holiday resort with sun, sea and sand! The beauty of Maldives has always been known for centuries by the various empires that controlled these islands. Around 500 BC, Persian traders used the Maldives as a stopover during their travels through Asia and Africa. The merchants described it as “Paradise On Planet”. Today, Maldives has managed to attract millions of tourists every year despite its small size.
Additionally, the country boasts an extensive coral reef system with plenty of coral species. In these waters, one can see many colourful varieties of fish as well as other marine animals such as sea turtles and dolphins. Take your breath away with scuba diving in turquoise water, and get your Maldives tour packages from India customised with ASAP Holidays.
Best time to visit Maldives
- January – March: Maldives from January to March is considered the dry season with average temperatures varying from 24 degrees Celsius to 31 degrees Celsius. The season is ideal for sightseeing, drooling over local cuisine, and exploring water sports.
- April – September: Known as the wet season, one can expect strong winds and rains in the Maldives from April to December. The time is perfect for surfers with an average water temperature ranging between 129 mm to 216 mm.
- October – December: During this period, you can witness prolonged sun during the day which is perfect to explore the white beaches with blue waters. The weather is warm and rainy with temperatures clocking between 25 degrees Celsius to 30 degrees Celsius.
How to reach Maldives?
- Reaching Maldives By Air: The best way to reach Maldives is by Air. This island paradise has 5 international airports with regular flight services from other countries around the world. Malé International Airport is the busiest in the country that lies on the Hulhulé Island. Grab cheap Maldives tour packages to find direct flights to Maldives.
- Reaching Maldives By Road: There is no way to reach Maldives by road as it is an island country.
- Reaching Maldives By Rail: There is no way to reach Maldives by Rail as there are no rail lines.
- Reaching Maldives By Sea: Travelling India to Maldives via sea route is only possible with cruise ships from Mumbai and Kochi. Your cruise journey can take around 3 to 6 days in total to reach this archipelago.
Things To Do In Maldives Holiday Package
- Enjoy a perfect pool day at Adaaran Prestige Vadoo: In the serene waters of the sparkling South Male’ Atoll, a place where luxury resorts exist to rejuvenate our weary souls. This astonishing island retreat offers several villas and private plunge pools to relax and rejuvenate your soul like never before. This upscale resort also offers therapeutic spa therapies, Balinese massage, couple massages, foot massages, and facial treatments.
- Soak sun in the middle of the paradise at Hulhumale Beach: One of the pristine beaches of Maldives, Hulhumale Beach is perfect to walk naked feet on white sand where crystal-clear water meets the sand. If you really want to relax and chill out or want to spend some quality time enjoying the beauty of nature, this is the place for you. You can even savour delicious local cuisine and authentic seafood that is easily available at the stalls on the beach.
- Walkthrough the lively streets of Capital Island Male’: Male’ is the capital of the Maldives. The island is particularly well suited for sightseeing, strolling through colourful streets, shopping at the open markets and savouring traditional Maldivian cuisine. A boat ride through the town’s canals offers a view of colourful houses, gardens and mosques. One can visit several museums or even go on an excursion to one of the nearby islands by small boat.
- Experience underwater adventure at the Banana Reef: Stay as long as possible at the edge of the sea, breathing through a snorkel and exploring the depths is the best thing to do in the Maldives. This will take you to a fascinating world – where fish and other marine life form their society. You can also feel a breeze of saltwater against your skin. You’ll get the chance to see the colourful corals that thrive in the water below 10 meters deep.
- Try out Jet-Skiing at Male Atoll: Sitting snugly on your inflatable board or ski tube, you are being pulled by a speedboat at high speed within the calm waters of the paradise island nation. No matter how deep is the water beneath you, the activity is super safe. It’s also a popular water sport for kids too! You can add this thrilling yet exhilarating activity to your Maldives travel package.
- Have unlimited fun on a banana boat ride with your group: Banana boat rides have become a new adventure sport in the Maldives. If you are looking at the possibility of doing some water sports while on holiday to the Maldives, banana boat riding is something you should include in your Maldives resorts holiday packages. In all resorts there is a banana boat riding facility – you have to just walk into a booth and ask for a ride. The price may vary from resort to resort.
- Parasailing above the Indian Ocean: Parasailing has been spreading rapidly in recent years; it attracts those who dream to fly above the Indian Ocean in the Maldives when on holidays in this beautiful archipelago nation. The feeling of the wind against your body, standing atop a massive board as it cuts through the calm waters of the Indian Ocean is an exhilarating experience. There’s a special kind of serenity about it that one doesn’t get from other adrenaline sports.
- Head for a romantic escape at Hurawalhi Island Resort: One of the best romantic islands resorts in the Maldives, Hurawalhi Island is a perfect place to relish a variety of cuisines while catching sights of underwater beauty. Aboard a Dhoni boat, you can cross to this exquisite island where your drinks will be waiting for you along with the sounds of waves, birds and breezes. There is also an enchanting lagoon pool at low tide to drift around in or a romantic candle-lit dinner on the white sands of an island beach.
- Witness dolphins playing and swimming off the coast: Spotting dolphins in the Maldives is definitely easier. There are different species of dolphins in the Maldives, but the most seen one is a Bottle-nosed Dolphin (Tursiops Truncatus). Bottle-nosed dolphins are the most popular cetaceans among tourists as they can be seen very close to the shore and in shallow water, i.e., you don’t need to be a scuba diver or snorkeler. With water and sky so clear, you can spot sea creatures at a closer distance than usual.
- Have a private lunch in an overwater bungalow: The Maldives is an exotic island nation with the best hospitality and services. The private overwater bungalows, the food, staff and service will make you feel like a king or queen. Must experience this one in life and do not forget to include a private island resort in your Maldives tour package 3 days 2 nights. Plus, it doesn’t get any more luxurious than the Six Senses Laamu or the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island.
Popular Beaches In The Maldives
- Hulhumale Beach, Male’ – The Most Iconic: A haven from the harsh realities of the world, Hulhumale Beach is one of the most iconic and beautiful beaches in the Maldives. Its gorgeous white sands and crystal clear waters make for one of the most beautiful tropical resort getaways on Earth. Make your dream vacation come true by including Hulhumale beach in your Maldives island travel package.
- Bikini Beach, Rasdhoo – An island retreat: Bikini Beach in the Maldives is one of the perfect beach destinations that is located on an island in Ari Atoll. Mostly known for its white sands, palm trees, crystal clear waters, Bikini Beach is an excellent place to swim around, snorkel, and build sandcastles while enjoying the sun. You may even hop on a speedboat or ferry straight from the capital of Maldives to reach Bikini Beach. It might cost you on an hourly basis from USD 35 to USD 40.
- Reethi Beach, Fonimagoodhoo – Breathtakingly beautiful: Lies in the Baa Atoll, Reethi Beach is mostly known for its tropical beauty surrounded by coconut palms, blue waters and coral sand. This private beach is one of the best white beaches in the Maldives that will make the trip memorable for life. Check Maldives tour package price and must include a day trip to Reethi Beach with your partner. You can even rent out a beautiful villa overwaters and can enjoy your little exotic escape.
- Fulhadhoo Beach – Find the Paradise: A peaceful getaway in the middle of tropical land where you can sit, soak the sun, swim, and forget about all the stress. If you are looking for a luxury island getaway, Fulhadhoo Beach is the perfect place to explore the beauty and serenity of the Maldives. This beach is usually accessed by guests who are looking for a blissful vacation. Check the Maldives tour package cost and add Fulhadhoo beach island to your day trip.
- Lily Beach, Huvahendhoo – Far-away island paradises: Located at Huvahendhoo island, Lily beach is dotted with coconut trees, which provide shade for those who want to feel the sun on their skin without having to worry about getting burned. The water surrounding Lily Beach is crystal clear and perfect for exploring by snorkelling or scuba diving. If you’re looking for relaxation, this beach will keep you coming back time after time! Check your Maldives tour package cost from India and escape from reality.
- Velingandu Island Beach – The Perfect Vacation Spot: Located in the North Ari Atoll, Veligandu Island Beach is an ideal place to swim with turtles or go diving to see sea life up close under the water’s surface. When people talk about this place, they often describe its gorgeous white sands, warm blue waters, and lush green vegetation. It is one of those rare places where luxury and simplicity are not mutually exclusive. Including Velingandu Beach in your travel packages from India to Maldives will land you amazing experiences.
- Cocoa Male’ Island, Makunufushi – An Ideal Dream Location: Cocoa Island is one such beach that offers picture-perfect views with pristine waters that look like they were taken from a postcard! The island offers a private beach, which makes it the perfect place to relax and enjoy some time out on its pristine shores. It is located in South Male Atoll, close to Maamigili Island by boat or seaplane from Male International Airport. It’s also possible to take a helicopter straight there!
Other Popular Beaches In Maldives
- Vabbinfaru Island Beaches
- Nika Island Beaches
- Baros Maldives
- Bandos Maldives
- Taj Exotica Beach
- Mirihi Island Beach
- Four Seasons Beach
- Kurumba Beach
- Sun Island Beaches
- Fihalhohi Island Beach
- Bioluminescent Beaches
- Dhigurah Beach
- Artificial Beach
- Rasfannu Beach
- Bodu Mora
- Kunburudhoo Beach
Popular Restaurants/Cafe’s To Visit In Maldives
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant: An alluring venue to relish on best cuisines and beverages under the sea, Ithaa Undersea Restaurant is located at Conrad Maldives Island. Find the finest quality of European dishes, vegan food, seafood delicacies, Greek-style food, junk deep-fried, gluten-free and much more.
Cost Per Head – Approx $320 for dinner & $238 for lunch.
- Jazz Cafe: Not just known for the spectacular views and resorts, Maldives is also known for its delicacies and mouthwatering desserts, Jazz Cafe is another beautiful cafe in the Maldives to relish on freshly-bakes cakes, pastries, European food, and refreshing beverages. Plus, the live music at the back will win your heart.
Cost Per Head – Approx $32 per head
- Seagull Cafe: Located in the island capital, Seagull Cafe is all about yummy gelato in a variety of flavours, American burgers & fried, Tuscan shrimp, and classical British-style fish, The place offers beachfront dining and has a vibrant aura with a super delectable menu to enjoy in the middle of Maldives islands.
Cost Per Head – Approx $28
- Subsix: Another stunning undersea restaurant, Subsix is located at the Huluwalu Island Beach nearby reef. The place is worth dining in to savour their subaquatic lunch menu including super delectable lobster, warm Maldivian octopus served with delighted ravioli. Plus, the coconut ice cream as a dessert is definitely worth a visit.
Cost Per Head – Approx $160 for a 3-course lunch
- Sea House Cafe: An exotic sea corner restaurant located in Boduthakurufaanu Mago serves a variety of special diets option from vegan food to halal and fresh seafood to gluten-free. It is an affordable restaurant with one of the best locations and a plethora of food options including a buffet.
Cost Per Head – Approx $9 for a buffet
Other popular options to eat in Maldives include
- Minus Six Meters
- Thai Wok Restaurant
- Symphony Lagoon
- Sala Thai
- Reethi Restaurant
- Belle Amie Bistro
Best Places To Shop In Maldives
- Majeedhee Magu Street Market: One of the famous shopping places in the Maldives, that offers a mix of varieties including garments, traditional accessories, and electronic gadgets. Majeedhee Magu street market is one of the oldest markets in the Maldives and you can shop reasonably without burning a hole in your pocket.
Location: Majeedhee Magu, Male, Maldives
- Le Cute: An ideal place for people who like to shop well while spending less. Le Cute is a beautiful market where you can find trendy dresses, shirts, accessories, hats, watches, sunglasses, flip-flops and much more. This vibrant market is also known for its amazing collection of perfumes, herbal products and cosmetics.
Location: Orchid Magu, Male, Maldives
- Male Local Market: Veggie lovers will be delighted by the Male Local Market, where a huge variety of fresh fruits, veggies, and spices are piled up for sale. And, not just veggies, you may also shop souvenirs, home decor stuff, flower vases, and other daily need items. Plus, do not forget to bargain here!
Location: Male, Maldives
- Chaandhanee Magu: Are you looking for the best imported goods in the Maldives? Chaandhanee Magu offers a beautiful collection of local and foreign goods at the best prices. The place was also referred to as “Singapore Bazaar” as the most collection of imported goods is brought from Singapore city.
Location: Male, Maldives
- Island Bazaar: An elegant and classy bazaar to bring Europe style products and handicrafts, Island bazaar is perfect for those obsessed with home decor. You can find an endless collection of cushions, bags, fridge magnets, flower vases, handlooms, macrame products, and authentic jewellery.
Location: M.Karishma. Level 1, Fareedhee Magu, Male’, Maldives
Other Places To Shop In Maldives
- Centro Mall
- Nala Boutique
- Angolo Souvenir Shop
- Oevaali Art Shop
- STO Trade Centre
Affordable Souvenirs To Buy In Maldives
- Thundu Kunaa (handmade mat): Hand-woven mats that are very beautifully crafted by local artisans, Thundu Kunaa is one of the famous handicrafts in the Maldives. This craft is mostly adopted by the people from Southern Atolls in the Maldives. These authentic mats are made from local reeds which are plucked, washed and dried in sun. Thundu Kunaa can hold a great memory of Maldives after your trip.
- Maldivian Sarongs:Perfect clothing piece for beach lovers, Maldivian Sarongs comes in beautiful tropical prints with bright and lovely colours. There are several ways to style Maldivian Sarongs from scarf to skirt, and headband to top. These are super affordable and can be brought in a price range of $2 to $20. Maldivian Sarongs can also be used as a bag accessory.
- Natural Skin Oils: Besides stunning views and amazing island vacations, this tropical land also takes care of your skin. Here locals believe in pampering their skin with freshly squeezed oil from coconuts for the forever glowing skin. These virgin coconut oils are a must to buy on your trip to the Maldives for yourself or your friends back home. This can be used for cooking, body moisturizing and hair.
- Coco Items: Fascinating bowls made of coconut skins are a must-buy on your island trip to the Maldives. The STO trade Centre at the Maafushi islands has the best collection of trendy utility items. You can shop beautiful coconut baskets, wall hangings, vases, bowls, crockery, shells and much more. These items can be brought at super cheap prices starting from $1.
Other Gifts/Souvenirs To Buy On Your Island Trip
- Lacquer Work
- Authentic Jewellery Items
- Artworks and Paintings
- Packaged fish
- Fridge Magnets
- Jute Accessories
- Wicker Mats
Local Dishes To Try In Maldives
- Maldivian Biryani: Also known as Kaliya Birinji, Maldivian Biryani is a traditional dish made with rice and chicken. The aromatic flavour of spices, soft and juicy chicken, and well-cooked rice can pamper your flavour really well. Maldivian Biryani was once savoured by Kings and Queens in this tropical land.
- Garudhiya: One of the famous dishes of Maldivian cuisines, Garudhiya is made from the fillet of tuna, lime, chillies, sliced onion, curry leaves, and spices. The dish is served with cooked rice or can be even served as a soup. The fragrance and taste of Garudhiya are surely going to make your gut happy.
- Bis Keemiya: Tastes similar to the spring roll, Bis Keemiya is an appetising snack that is usually deep-fried or baked. It is filled with tuna, hard-boiled eggs, sauteed cabbage and onions. It is a perfect snack to have with a refreshing cocktail or a cup of tea or coffee.
- Boshi Mashuni: Also known as Banana Flower Salad, Boshi Mashuni is an exotic blend of fresh coconut cream, crunchy and dried banana flowers. The mix of spices and lime leaves a tangy flavour. It’s a healthy salad with a beautiful twist of lime juice, onion, sweet coconut, and chillis.
- Mas Huni: Also known as Disc Mashuni, it comes in a list of traditional Maldivian breakfasts that include Naan (flatbread, most commonly oven-baked or Tawa-fried), and tuna salad. The tuna salad is a blend of minced coconuts, tuna, spices, curry leaf, and onion. The combination of tuna salad and naan is just heavenly.
- Saagu Bondibai: A delightful Maldivian recipe to pamper your tastebuds, Saagu Bondibai is made using Sago (similar to Sabudana), coconut milk, rose water, cardamom, condensed milk, and pandan leaves. It is like a sweet pudding that you can have in dessert after Mas Roshi or other snacks.
Maldives Visa Requirements For Indians
For all Indian citizens, Maldives provides Tourist Visa on the arrival at the Male’ International Airport. Indian nationals do not require a pre-arrival visa to take flights to the Maldives. All Indian citizens need to take care is of other travel documents including a valid passport, confirmed flight tickets and hotel reservations. However, the arrival visa is only valid for 30 days. To increase your stay, a written application to the Department of Immigration should be submitted 2 to 5 days before your visa expiry date.
Book Cheap Tour Packages To Maldives From India
Are you on the lookout for affordable travel packages from India to Maldives? ASAP Holidays is the best solution to cater for your travel needs. Our travel agents help you choose the best deals and offers to make your holiday packages and hotel packages affordable. Whether you are looking for 6-7 nights vacation packages or just a little escape for 2 days, our travel agency can help you tailor Maldives tour package paradise island, just the way you want.