Replies

• I always try to stay in B&Bs whenever possible. I was in just in Atlanta and loved the Stonehurst Place in Midtown. It was beautifully furnished and occupied by both businessmen, locals and tourists.  I had a great stay at the historic Hamilton Turner Inn in Savannah.   I just had a great experience at the Encore B&B in South Boston.  As a solo traveler it is a great way to travel and meet interesting people. I also like having breakfast included and the owners always have great restaurant recommendations.  I also had great experiences in Charleston and New Orleans.

• Linda said what I'm thinking; staying in a B&B is the way I meet locals who are not just desk clerks or waiters.

• We prefer B&Bs to hotels and stay in them whenever it's practical. We enjoy meeting the locals and getting the inside scoop on local attractions ad restaurants. Also, it's great not to have to vacate the room immediately in the morning. Home-cooked breakfasts (and often other meals as well) area usually much better than you could get at a hotel restaurant. Overall, it's a more personal way to travel and we find it to be much less stressful than a large impersonal hotel.
This reply was deleted.