I'm just back from the annual meeting of the Northeast Chapter of SATW. We held it in Baltimore, which blew us away with its extraordinary museums, restaurants, historical sites, and, uh, vibe. Definitely an egregiously underrated city. Last year we met in Pittsburgh, another city that doesn't get enough respect. What other cities belong in this category? 

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I also agree Cleveland's underrated (and agree with Ed about Pittsburgh). Had wonderful times in each of those cities.

• Kansas City, Cincinnati (particularly across the river in Newport, KY), and Louisville.

• Most underrated cities? Good question. Ed, Cleveland should be on the list because the Cleveland Museum of Art, Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, Jacobs Field where the Indians play baseball, restaurants, and some of the building designs are worth the trip. But Philadelphia, Sam? You're out of date because those of us who live in the East already know it's a swell town. 

Do you media folks agree with me about Cleveland? What cities would you categorize as underappreciated? 

• I nominate Philadelphia. Primo restaurants, museums, colonial sites that we just don't have here on the West Coast, Fairmont Park, and kooky murals. As some of you know, though, I'm a Californian. How do you travel writers from the eastern seaboard feel about Philadelphia? 

This reply was deleted.