Beach erosion

I'm in Palm Beach County today, where the big debate is over restoring beaches. On the one hand, the environmentalists and the taxpayers, each group for its own reasons, raise serious objections to the constant trucking in of sand to refill washed-away beaches.  On the other hand, condo owners and the tourism industry say that if the beaches aren't restored, the whole local economy will wash away. What to do?

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I usually watch ABC News, but I'll watch NBC tonight, Chelle. Thanks for the tip.

Chelle Koster Walton said:
    Just received this message from the Captiva Island erosion people: Tune in tonight to NBC Nightly News anchor, Brian Williams, as he reports on beach nourishment projects in "The Fleecing of America". Opponents of nourishment, while criticizing Capitol Hill for funding such projects, typically have gotten it wrong. To get the real story on why federal funding of beaches is a smart investment, come to the CEPD Special Town Hall meeting at 10 AM, March 31 in the Wakefield Room at the Tween Waters Inn. To be assured CEPD maintains our beaches for property owners and visitors, get involved!
  • Just received this message from the Captiva Island erosion people: Tune in tonight to NBC Nightly News anchor, Brian Williams, as he reports on beach nourishment projects in "The Fleecing of America". Opponents of nourishment, while criticizing Capitol Hill for funding such projects, typically have gotten it wrong. To get the real story on why federal funding of beaches is a smart investment, come to the CEPD Special Town Hall meeting at 10 AM, March 31 in the Wakefield Room at the Tween Waters Inn. To be assured CEPD maintains our beaches for property owners and visitors, get involved!
This reply was deleted.