Looking for Content for My Deals of the Week

Hi Everyone, My name is Stacey Dougherty and I publish Where2NowMag.com. Every Wednesday I publish a column of deals and discounts from airlines, hotels and major attractions from all over. I also broadcast them in email to users, on my FB page and twitter. In 50 words or less and accompanied by a link that leads to further info, please submit your deal/discount by TUESDAYS AT 3PM US EASTERN STANDARD TIME to deals@where2nowmag.com. I'd be happy to answer any questions any of you may have and I hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

You need to be a member of Tripatini to add comments!

Join Tripatini

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• here's one - our new deal from Independence, MO, where you can board and ride a trolley all day for just a buck. NEWS Release
    July 8, 2010 Contact: Janeen Aggen, Media Independence Tourism
    Independence Tourism
    913-599-2080
    janeena@sbcglobal.net

TRUMAN TROLLEY KICKS OFF 13 WEEK RUN IN INDEPENDENCE

The “Truman Trolley”, a partnership between the Independence Square, Harry S. Truman Library and Museum and Independence Tourism, began operation in Independence July 6 and will run through October 2. There will be no service during the Santa Cali Gon Days Festival (September 3-6). Envisioned as a way to serve residents, tourists and those attending conventions in nearby Kansas City, two trolleys can be boarded Monday through Saturday at 10:00 a.m. at Union Station for a nonstop ride to Independence (with advance reservations to 816-512-5555). The trolley will make it possible for visitors to enjoy a convenient day trip to the one of a kind shops and restaurants on the Square as well as twelve of the city’s highlight attractions without the need to rent a car, take a taxi or ride the Amtrak train. A nonstop return trip to Union Station will leave the Independence Square at 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday
    In Independence, the trolley will run continuously from 10:30 to 5:30, Monday through Saturday beginning at Clinton’s Soda Fountain, 100 W. Maple, (corner of Main and Maple) on the Square. All day tickets cost $ 1 for ages 6 and up for a full circuit. Riders may get on and off at various stops without paying an additional fare. No reservations are necessary for people boarding the trolley at any stop in Independence.
    After leaving Clinton’s, the trolley will stop at the following attractions in this order:
    • National Frontier Trails Museum and Chicago and Alton 1879 Depot (both at 318 W. Pacific), as well as the Bingham-Waggoner Estate, (across the street at 313 W. Pacific).
    • Mormon heritage sites at River and Walnut (Community of Christ Temple and Auditorium, and Mormon Visitors Center, Church of Christ Temple Lot )
    • Truman sites (Truman Home at 219 N. Delaware and Harry S. Truman Library and Museum, 500 W. U. S. 24 Highway)
    • Vaile Victorian Mansion, 1500 N. Liberty.
    • Truman Home Ticket and Visitor Center, 223 N. Main (see an orientation film here and buy tickets for Truman Home Tour) and 1859 Jail and Marshal’s Home, 217 N. Main. This is also the pick-up point for narrated tours with Pioneer Trails Adventures, a covered wagon ride.
    Residents and tourists who ride the trolley will be able to listen to a narration by the driver about city highlights and watch tourism videos which feature a number of the sites and attractions along the route.
    For more information, call the Truman Trolley information line at (816) 512-5555. For a complete list of all tourism attractions and summer events, go to www.visitindependence.com
  • Hi Stacey,

The Appalachian Mountain Club is offering a summer/fall New England hiking deal that includes the oldest hut hiking system in the U.S.

5-night Hut-to-Hut or Lodge-to-Hut self-guided hiking vacation along the Appalachian Trail at the Appalachian Mountain Club's lodges and huts in New Hampshire's White Mountains. Stay 4 nights, get the 5th free (Sun.-Fri.), starting at $341/adult for AMC non-members. Package includes lodge accommodations with shared bath and/or hut bunkroom, breakfasts and dinners, and guided programs as offered. http://www.outdoors.org/lodging/summer-guide-2010-hut.cfm

If I can answer any questions, please let me know.

Best,
    Laura

Laura Hurley
    Public Relations Associate Director
    Appalachian Mountain Club
    5 Joy St.
    Boston, MA 02108
    617-391-6621
    lhurley@outdoors.org
  • Hi Anne,
    Will start running it this week. Thanks!
    Stacey

Anne Sweeney said:
    Hi Stacey

Antiques aficionados can stay in style when attending The British Antique Dealers' Association Antiques & Fine
    Art Fair, from March 17-23, 2010. Five top boutique hotels in Knightsbridge
    and Chelsea offer special rates and packages to fairgoers. All packages
    include admission to the BADA Fair. The rates apply to a range of guest rooms
    and suites. All are located within walking distance of the Duke of York Square
    where the BADA Fair is held, and are close to London's most stylish shops, restaurants and cultural attractions. Rates are per room per night, based on double occupancy.

All packages include complimentary tickets to the BADA Fair and a beautifully photographed BADA Fair Handbook. Links to the hotels are posted on the BADA Fair web site, www.bada-antiques-fair.co.uk, and on the BADA Fair's new Facebook page, BADA Antiques Fair.
    Hotels include The Cadogaon, The Sloane Square, The Draycott, The Capital and the Jumeireh Lowndes

Here is a link to the press release. Pictures include include The BADA Antiques Fair, the Draycott Hotel and the Capital Hotel.
    http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs026/1101099496664/archive/1102...

Thanks and regards,

Anne Sweeney
    Anne Sweeney Public Relations
  • Hi Anne,

Thanks so much! I'll definitely be using this one in the Deals column starting Feb. 17. Please feel free to send other specials and also let your colleagues in PR know about the column as well.

Kind regards,
    Stacey Dougherty

Anne Sweeney said:
    Hi Stacey

Antiques aficionados can stay in style when attending The British Antique Dealers' Association Antiques & Fine
    where the BADA Fair is held, and are close to London's most stylish shops, restaurants and cultural attractions. Rates are per room per night, based on double occupancy.

All packages include complimentary tickets to the BADA Fair and a beautifully photographed BADA Fair Handbook. Links to the hotels are posted on the BADA Fair web site, www.bada-antiques-fair.co.uk, and on the BADA Fair's new Facebook page, BADA Antiques Fair.
    Hotels include The Cadogaon, The Sloane Square, The Draycott, The Capital and the Jumeireh Lowndes

Here is a link to the press release. Pictures include include The BADA Antiques Fair, the Draycott Hotel and the Capital Hotel.

Thanks and regards,

Anne Sweeney
  • Hi Stacey

Thanks and regards,

Anne Sweeney

bada show.jpg

draycott.jpg

iCapital.jpg

• Hi Tai,

Thank you for the info. I'll keep it in my file of resources.

Best,
    Stacey

Tai Freligh said:
    Stacey,

At NH tourism we have a special page that lists offers from hotels, businesses, attractions and other lodging properties around the state, many of them exclusively for our website. It is updated often and can be found at http://www.visitnh.gov/four-seasons/money-saving-offers/yankee-doll.... Since we don't have weekly deals per se, I am just letting you know about this resource. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Tai Freligh
    Communications Manager
    NH Travel and Tourism
  • Hi Sharon,

Sounds like a good one. Afraid we missed tomorrow's column but since it's good until March I'll be happy to run it next week.

Thanks!

Sharon A McCoy said:
    Hi Stacey,

I may have something that might work. A super weekend apartment rate at The Athenaeum in London (www.athenaeumhotel.com) that is only valid until the end of March. I'll shoot something over to you later today for your review.

Regards, Sharon McCoy, Sharon McCoy Group
  • Hi Stacey,

I may have something that might work. A super weekend apartment rate at The Athenaeum in London (www.athenaeumhotel.com) that is only valid until the end of March. I'll shoot something over to you later today for your review.

Regards, Sharon McCoy, Sharon McCoy Group
  • Stacey,

At NH tourism we have a special page that lists offers from hotels, businesses, attractions and other lodging properties around the state, many of them exclusively for our website. It is updated often and can be found at http://www.visitnh.gov/four-seasons/money-saving-offers/yankee-doll.... Since we don't have weekly deals per se, I am just letting you know about this resource. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Tai Freligh
    Communications Manager
    NH Travel and Tourism
  • G'day Stacey,
    At www.TheTopTravelClub.com you can find links to 10's of 1000's of TopTravelVouchers offering direct booking discounts for travel in over 80 countries with new selections added every week.

Over 30,000 worldwide accommodations, tours and adventures to suit all types of traveler and travel insurance with savings of up to 40% for members. Members can very easily recover their membership dues by directly booking with our travel trade clients.

We do not sell travel or take reservations ...100% of savings go to our members.

Please contact me if you are interested in offering your own subscribers a discounted family membership in the club.
    Tony Humphrey, tony@thetoptravelclub.com
This reply was deleted.